Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I regret what ive done!!

(8 Posts)
molly199 Thu 02-May-13 19:54:38

So been having issues with DP all day, he is away at the minute for about a month. We do not live together and no children (we are young twenties).

So after a whole day of arguing over the phone I snapped and finally said we were over, I did mean it but at the same time wish he would get a grip. After about an hour I told him I didn't mean it but he refused to let me take it back and so we are over.

He is being reasonable and wants to remain friends and amicable, but on the other hand I am not really upset and hurt. How do I get over this. We were together a long time, we have been having issues but we always worked through them before. I just don't know what to do now, its actually over.

molly199 Thu 02-May-13 19:55:55

* now really upset

AnonAndOnAndOn Thu 02-May-13 19:59:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

molly199 Thu 02-May-13 20:02:48

We were arguing about stupid things, but he said some hurtful things to me. Maybe he did want it

Gemini1974 Thu 02-May-13 20:04:46

We're all guilty of saying things in the heat of the moment and to get a reaction out of pure frustration. It sounds like tempers have been running high all day between the two of you.

Let it rest for a day or do until you have both calmed down and have had chance to mull it over.

Easier said than done (not getting in touch) but you won't solve anything wont achieve anything in both of your present emotional states.

It's an awful way to feel, but try and get a good nights sleep tonight, or at least speak to friends/family for some support, hope it sorts itself out soon lovey.

molly199 Thu 02-May-13 20:13:43

Thanks for the replys, I feel like he wants it to be done so not good for me

CogitoErgoSometimes Fri 03-May-13 07:18:10

How to get over it is to find some self-respect, hold your head high stay busy and put one foot in front of the other. What you don't do is chase after him texting or calling and begging for a reconciliation because, if you did get back together, you'd be forever the weaker partner in the relationship.

Be with people that like you, reconnect with friends, get yourself out and about... You meant it when you said it was over.

ArtVandelay Fri 03-May-13 07:27:29

He will not magically change into the person you want him to be. Recognise that he was pissing you off enough so that you brought out the big guns 'we are finished' and be proud that you called time. Then don't beg him back!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now