Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Ive ruined her t shirt, havent i?

(10 Posts)
fluffitmore Thu 02-May-13 13:50:19

Just done the washing and accidentally had put a pair of turquoise jeans in with my daughters very special, horse printed, birthday joules t shirt ( brought in the sale by me)

Im a lone parent, i have no money, so this was a special t shirt and was for best, she wore it last weekend to a party and was so happy,bless her.

its come out of the wash and its now grey/ blue where it should be white.

im running it through the wash again, with some ariel whitener stuff, but ive pretty much just ruined it, havent i?

MelanieCheeks Thu 02-May-13 13:52:31

Oh dear! There's some Vanish colour catcher products which might be worth a try - if that doenst work could you dye it a different colour, or would that lose the pattern?

Lweji Thu 02-May-13 13:52:50

Keep washing it, you might be lucky.

fluffitmore Thu 02-May-13 13:53:47

it would lose the pattern, its got different coloured horses printed all over it. most importantly, its got yellow horses printed on it. Shes 7, these things are important to her, shes going to be upset. bugger.

SoupDragon Thu 02-May-13 13:54:27

I've had success with some kind of "Run Away" product - find it in the laundry aisle with the stain removes! My mum washed one of my deep red towels with a pale aqua one. The Run Away thing stripped the added colour out of the aqua towel and left it good as new.

wonkylegs Thu 02-May-13 13:56:10

this is the only thing that has worked like magic when I've had a similar disaster.

pictish Thu 02-May-13 13:56:40

Oh fuck. Um...no idea...but I totally sympathise.

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 02-May-13 14:31:20

I've no idea how you save the t-shirt but I would suggest that this is one of those rites of passage for your DD ... i.e. discovering that Mum isn't perfect. smile If you go for the full mea culpa and explain what you've done to try to get it back to normal, you never know she might take pity on you and rise to the occasion. Have ice-cream on stand-by.

CakeExpectations Thu 02-May-13 14:37:11

Second what Wonky said - the Colour Run Remover has worked for me.

It's best if you don't let the garment dry before using it, in my experience - so dunk the t-shirt in a bucket of water until you can get hold of some.

Good luck!

delilahlilah Thu 02-May-13 15:10:23

yy to colour run remover. Ace gentle bleach is very good too and shouldn't harm the yellow, it doesn't affect the logo on my son's rugby shorts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now