Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dp and isingles convo 'over three months ago'

(5 Posts)
LookingForwardToMarch Tue 30-Apr-13 05:01:41

Ok so bit of background. Have been with dp for four years. I know he used to go on dating sites before we got together.
Anyway for some strange reason I had a 'gut feeling' if you will and checked his deleted emails. Long story short they lead me to his profile on isingles which had a few conversations with women dated 'over three months ago'
So is it possible these can be from four years ago? How long do isingles keep messages in the inbox folder? Or should I totally kick his ass when he gets up?
Our dd is ten weeks old sad

NotTreadingGrapes Tue 30-Apr-13 06:19:14

What was the gut feeling?

I suppose, yes, given that (if I understand correctly?) the singles website has put his conversations into one of those "more than 90 days ago" banners, then it is possible that "more than 3 months ago" means "four years ago".

It might also mean 91 days ago so what's the gut feeling?

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 30-Apr-13 07:13:08

Something's going wrong for you to have had the 'gut feeling' in the first place. If you trusted him, you wouldn't be hacking deleted e-mails. If there's any ass-kicking to be done, that's where you start. 'I don't trust you' ....

LookingForwardToMarch Tue 30-Apr-13 07:54:56

I'm not sure really, haven't really been given any reason not to trust him.
I guess we've just been a little odf recently ( wondering if I should blame my pnd for paranoia? )

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 30-Apr-13 07:57:11

Paranoia is an irrational fear of everything. You appear to have had a rational suspicion he's been playing away, supported (in theory at least) by what you've found in the e-mails.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now