Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

' I can mend your broken heart'

(7 Posts)
overtheraenbow Mon 29-Apr-13 14:18:42

Anyone read/ followed the Paul 'Mckenna programme/ book? Does it work and would you recommend it?

I have been doing some of his relaxation exercises since h told me about ow to help me relax and get to sleep but not the ' broken heart' the ' I Can makeyou happy' as I found them on YT. And I am sleeping better but that could just be coincidence ( although I skipped last night and woke up really early this morning feeling jittery so who knows??)

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 29-Apr-13 14:44:21

Are you still together since this revelation? How long has it been since you found out?

overtheraenbow Mon 29-Apr-13 16:48:07

No not still together, I left him in October as we were moving back to uk anyway and couldn't take any more of his disengagement in our marriage. Found out about ow in jan . Not sure why this is relevant though Cog.

Scarletohello Mon 29-Apr-13 16:55:41

Hi yes I have used it a couple of times and found the exercises really useful. It helped me put things in the past and let go, have recommended it to friends since...

charlottery Mon 29-Apr-13 17:10:14

I found it helpful in the past, particularly about making an image in your mind then draining the colour from it (I then added throwing it on the floor and stamping on it, but that was my own twist!)

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 29-Apr-13 17:14:41

It's relevant because it's a very distressing experience, takes a long time to recover from and it's a lot harder to find peace of mind if you are still with the cheat. Speaking personally, it took me two years to be able to think about my cheating exH and not feel upset. So January is still very fresh.

If you're feeling 'jittery' then that sounds like you're still stressed. Important to eat well, get plenty of sleep, find activities to keep you busy and connected with people. No idea about McKenna but do consider talking to your GP if you think your stress levels are abnormal.

overtheraenbow Mon 29-Apr-13 21:58:54

Thanks for the comments. I will try it anythingout.
Thanks Cog that makes sense now. I am coming to terms with it, I still feel upset at times but I think less for him than the lost life I saw iykwim. We had been having problems for about 18 months and I had been talking about leaving a year ago as he'd told me he didn't love me, the ow was just the nail in the coffin and a bit of a blow as I had begun to accept it and making a new life for myself and the kids.
Probably am a bit lotstressedI went to my doctor lastweek and she was a bit useless and told me I was probably stressed, shoot that's why she went to medical school and I didn't !!
It is a significant week for us as a couple this week so I am putting the jitteriness down to that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now