Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

New research on second marriages being more successful than first.

(5 Posts)
DottyboutDots Mon 29-Apr-13 10:43:14

Age is more of an influential factor than first thought.

http://www.marriagefoundation.org.uk/Web/

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 29-Apr-13 10:49:55

I'd have thought the influential factor is not just 'older' but 'wiser'. smile

TeenyW123 Mon 29-Apr-13 11:23:42

I think it sorts out your expectations too. My first husband was a child, second husband is a true partner. The difference is monumental and I'm so glad to have met my lovely hubby.

I think that because I knew what I didn't want in a life partner, I could see that hubby no 2 didn't want to be what I didn't want, iykwim?

He's 12 years younger than me too!

Teeny

TeenyW123 Mon 29-Apr-13 11:37:26

Also, the difference in sex is monumental too. Husband no1 had a very small penis. Hubby no2, well!wink

Teeny

DottyboutDots Mon 29-Apr-13 12:45:39

Oh teeny, that makes me so worried for my DS, he is not well endowed and I just hope he ends up having a 'grow-er' rather than a 'show-er'.

In context of this site, I just thought the site and it's attempt to destroy myths about marriage to be interesting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now