Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anniversary ideas and defying peoples expectation.

(9 Posts)
MultipleMama Sun 28-Apr-13 17:48:52

My 4 year wedding anniversary is coming up on 14th May (need to plan ahead ie babysitter) and I'm wanting to do something special for dh. Any ideas?

We've been together 7 years and had 4+2 dc together. We got together very young and dealt with so much hassle about being "too young" or that "he'll move on". Someone mentioned something today that made me realised how bloody lucky I am to have him and how much I still love him.I want to do something to show this but I'm crap at romantic ideas.

Wishiwasanheiress Sun 28-Apr-13 18:01:59

Is this an evening? Day? Weekend? Ill assume evening....? How about just going for drinks and a pizza and cinema? Keep the do simple and let ur conversation take over? I've arranged big things before and often end up wishing we had done something simpler.

Pilgit Sun 28-Apr-13 19:21:07

romance is totally subjective. is there something you enjoy doing together? Is there something he would love to have a go at - if so (so long as in budget and not marriage wrecking) you could organise that for him. hope you have a good time!

WorrySighWorrySigh Sun 28-Apr-13 19:30:31

Traditional 4th wedding anniversary gift according to wikipedia is fruit & flowers. Does that help with a theme?

MultipleMama Sun 28-Apr-13 21:33:13

Dh is... odd. He doesn't like going out to see movies so I can't do that. I was thinking of a meal but he's particular about where he eats but I may hint at him for resturants(can't spell today!)

Never thought of something simple like flowers - good idea!

Okay, I have a crazy idea - dh works in the background of racing but has never raced accept when he was younger. What do you think of BIB w/ flowers as a gift and then an F1 experience followed by meal and then alone time?

Or just go with flowers and meal and save experience for his b.day?

Thanks for ideas, making this a lot easier for me smile

WafflyVersatile Sun 28-Apr-13 22:25:05

F1 sounds good for a birthday.

A walk in some bluebell woods just the two of you?

WorrySighWorrySigh Mon 29-Apr-13 07:06:37

I would ask him about the F1 experience. Is it something he wants to do. Also this is your wedding anniversary rather than his birthday so traditionally it would be joint things rather than gifts for him IYSWIM.

Keeping it simple (and thematic) are you the sort of couple to enjoy setting aside some time and money to spend in your garden followed by a nice dinner at home together? (DH & I are but I realise this isnt everyone's taste!).

MultipleMama Sun 26-May-13 22:10:33

worry He's into racing and always wanted to do an F1 experience, so I've saved the idea for his birthday.

We had a lovely day. I was on bed rest so we could do much like I had hoped, so instead DF took the dc so we could have quality time.

We shared breakfast in bed, watched movies, talked about memories, and what was to come, spent time with dc then enjoyed a quiet meal together after dc were in bed. Wonderful end to a perfect day.

Mumsyblouse Sun 26-May-13 22:15:27

Ahh, this sounds lovely, sounds silly but appreciating what you have got is half the battle, glad you had a great time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now