Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I have no idea who else to ask, perhaps just need reassurance.

(4 Posts)
findingmymarbles Fri 26-Apr-13 22:02:39

Some of you may have seen a previous thread where my exP assaulted me sexually and I reported him to the police.

The police have been fabulous, I've given video evidence so that I don't have to go through the attack again. I have my own witness care officer who I can phone whenever. When my parents had hate-mail sent to their house informing them about what a "lying, bitter person" their DD was, CID were right on it fingerprinting etc. Sadly XP has been watching lots of CSI so no fingerprints.

XP went to magistrates court a few weeks ago, then the case was passed on to Crown Court. As far as I know he has 8 charges against him, half assault and half sexual assault. There are other people involved.

Now I'm hearing through the gossip grapevine that all charges bar one have been dropped by the CPS. We are all part of a very close-knit community, everybody knows everybody. Exp stands to lose a proportion of his business if perceived to be guilty. Now I haven't dropped any, the other people involved haven't dropped any. I spoke to the guy on CID who's been dealing with the case after the last court date (22nd April) and he isn't aware of any changes in the charges.

Do you think ExP is just conducting his own PR offensive? Or do I need to worry more? I'm just finding it hard to get definite info on what actually happened on the 22nd.

Sorry for being a disaster.

WafflyVersatile Fri 26-Apr-13 22:07:53

Yes. More than likely.

Hang on in there. flowers

foolonthehill Fri 26-Apr-13 22:10:42

suspect he is conducting his own campaign of disinformation...will backfire if anyone reads the charge sheet or the court report, which they will.

stay strong
CPS will tell you if they are changing anything

alicepicalo Sat 27-Apr-13 08:02:33

Sorry to hear you've had, and are having, such a rubbish time. This isn't looking good for him whatever. Listen to your CID guy and CPS, not tittle tattle. Maybe a call to your witness care officer might be helpful?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now