Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Do I return this gift?

(5 Posts)
superstarheartbreaker Thu 25-Apr-13 21:19:54

My recent ex gave me a cool bday present; it's an ipod shuffle. I can't even look at it at the moment. I should keep it really shouldn't I as returning it is a 'reaction'. Agggrrr....it just hurts to even see it there atm but I am not taking it to the charity shop!

ReluctantlyBeingYoniMassaged Thu 25-Apr-13 21:20:22

eBay?

expatinscotland Thu 25-Apr-13 21:20:30

Sell it or give it to a mate.

superstarheartbreaker Thu 25-Apr-13 21:26:01

Hmmm. I will keep it as is very useful for now and see how I feel after a few months. Everything is hurting atm. All I can do is smoke fags. I have no idea if this is a normal reaction. I have managed to go to work, eat and go to parents' evening but I am surrounded by this wall of pain. I'm putting on a brave face. I've no idea why I've taken this so badly. I think it's because i am blaming myself and I'm convinced I'm going to die alone because I'm a crap and horrible person.

superstarheartbreaker Thu 25-Apr-13 21:26:42

Plus what I hate about breaking up is that the one person you want to talk to is no go. :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now