Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

just keep telling me that I did the right thing

(10 Posts)
kittymchotpress Thu 25-Apr-13 20:49:46

so tried OD and after a few false starts met someone I clicked with and started dating. five months down the line I've called it quits as I just wasn't getting enough out of it...it all seemed to be on his terms and I wasn't feeling any developing warmth or commitment. so could the good mners out there tell me to stop thinking what if...toughen up and just get on with it? if you're not feeling it, you're just not feeling it, right? no matter what the reason. just feel a bit sad sad even though I ended it...stern words please! grin

hesterton Thu 25-Apr-13 20:53:24

Yup you did the right thing. You know that, which is why you'll be fine whatever. Sensible lady.

imour Thu 25-Apr-13 20:55:16

go put your lippy on , take a new pic , get straight back online , new site new profile , next time if you are not feeling anything in say 2 months get shot and start afresh , there is no what ifs , never ever look back , good luck .

StealthOfficialCrispTester Thu 25-Apr-13 20:57:01

I thought you meant you'd overdosed!

It sounds like it would have happened sooner or later. And later would have been more painful.

imour Thu 25-Apr-13 20:58:35

lol thats what i thought stealth when i first read it .

kittymchotpress Thu 25-Apr-13 21:03:23

sorry! def not overdosed...except on chocolate...and the odd silk cut...and a bit of emotional wallowing. I knew it would get tougher the longer it went on, so better to feel the sting now I suppose. new lippy it is then grin . Thanks!

GirlWiththeLionHeart Thu 25-Apr-13 21:04:34

Yep, definitely the right move. Things wouldn't have improved, only carried on or got worse. Never settle.

kittymchotpress Thu 25-Apr-13 21:12:52

liking your name girlwith...I feel like a old un with a scaredy cat heart just now...but maybe that'll change if I, ahem, man up a bit wink

GirlWiththeLionHeart Thu 25-Apr-13 21:30:38

Thank you smile you'll be fine. I feel like I settled because I was scared of being alone and it's crap. Many things. I chose to ignore and thought 'he can change' no they can't! And as the years go by, it grates more and more and it's depressing.

Carry on OD don't give up, everyone's doing it now so more chance of meeting someone lovely x

DippyDoohDahDay Thu 25-Apr-13 22:10:02

As one mumsnetter said to me (a la, moving on).., just remember "shoulders back, tits up". You'll be fine, don't just settle x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now