Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Help found a SIM card

(16 Posts)
Simcard Thu 25-Apr-13 11:04:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

JammySplodger Thu 25-Apr-13 11:08:39

Could it be a sim card that came with a new phone but he put in an old sim to keep the same number?

I have lots of sim cards lying about the house from my old phones, I also had sim cards sent through the post from one of the companies as well.

Why not ask him where they are from?

I wouldn't be suspicious based on the information you have given here.

DukeSilver Thu 25-Apr-13 11:14:22

If he is on PAYG and buys a new phone it will come with a sim card. I have about 3 of the things floating around in random places but have never even put them in a phone. Some of them are years old.

Mumsyblouse Thu 25-Apr-13 11:14:42

This doesn't sound suspicious to me, they are not used, they are lying around openly, but perhaps I am not an expert at being suspicious. A secret mobile or being glued to one constantly or a change in mobile use is suspicious but this just seems like ordinary phone usage. But fine to ask him where he got them/why.

WTFisABooyhooISBooyhoo Thu 25-Apr-13 11:18:19

it's not something that would raise my suspicions.

i suspect you must already have had reason not to trust him if you have jumped to the conclusion he's up to something.

RubyrooUK Thu 25-Apr-13 11:27:46

This doesn't seem suspicious to me. In the drawer under our telly, DH and I recently found 12 old sims from a variety of our old phones.

As people said before, when you get a new handset, you tend to get a new sim. When I got my iPhone, I got a Tesco sim, and it came automatically with a Vodafone sim anyway.

If it was a US top up, I don't think it would be branded as T-Mobile in the same way as here as the US and UK versions of T-Mobile are owned by totally different companies. It would probably be called a Prepaid Cell card too.

I think if you are suspicious, that's another matter but this on its own seems fairly innocent to me.

Simcard Thu 25-Apr-13 11:30:42

foolonthehill Thu 25-Apr-13 11:39:44

Don't be ashamed of depression. It is an illness. It is not your fault. The chemicals in your brain are not normal and that affects your mood, your thought processes and your reactions. It is miserable, horrible and unfair...but not shameful or ever your fault.

I hope you are on meds, maybe it's time to have a chat to GP or psych team about the dose/prescription

If you were a diabetic you would take insulin because your body doesn't make it. When you have depression you take meds to restore the balance of chemicals in your brain. If paranoia or excessive anxiety are creeping up on you then you may need something different.

And I am sure that your friends would prefer you to tell them, but I know that can be difficult.

hang on in there. It won't always feel like this

Groovee Thu 25-Apr-13 11:42:14

T mobile have given me 2 free PAYG SIM cards when I upgrade.

HeySoulSister Thu 25-Apr-13 11:42:30

Don't iPhones have special smaller SIM cards? Are the ones you found too big for iPhone?

Simcard Thu 25-Apr-13 11:43:00

RubyrooUK Thu 25-Apr-13 11:58:46

Simcard, don't be ashamed of your depression. It IS a chronic health condition. It is also incredibly common and not something you should feel ashamed about as lots of people suffer from it. And you can get help so life feels more enjoyable.

Why don't you make an appointment with the GP to discuss getting more help? Have you had counselling about your miscarriage? I've had a few mc and found them incredibly, incredibly hard to deal with. I am lucky in that I have got pregnant since, but I still think about them a lot. I have found amazing support talking to other people on Mumsnet about my losses and feelings. I have also talked a lot to my friends about it and I am able to deal with the situation...most of the time. It is totally understandable that you feel shit, especially if it was triggered again by your op.

Do you think your friends would understand if you talked to them? Do go back to the GP anyway as depression is just an illness like anything else. You deserve help with that illness so you can feel happier.

RubyrooUK Thu 25-Apr-13 12:00:47

Sorry, was going to add that you are signed off work so hopefully that means you have seen the GP quite a bit already. But if you need more help to overcome this as it doesn't sound like you feel things are improving, please tell them.

Simcard Thu 25-Apr-13 15:01:04

hellsbellsmelons Thu 25-Apr-13 17:31:03

Can't you just put them into your phone and find out what's on them?
As everyone else says though - I have SIM cards over the house.
Always keep my latest one somewhere safe in case phone goes missing or is stolen so I don't lose all my contact etc....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now