Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Anyone else doing couples counselling/relate at the moment?

(3 Posts)
PattieOfurniture Wed 24-Apr-13 11:36:27

Just that really.
We went for our first appointment last week and are starting next Tuesday. It's the first time either of us have ever been for counselling.
Haven't spoken to anyone in RL apart from DH obviously. But feel like i want to but don't want anyone knowing my business but still would like someone else to talk to about it as it's all alien to me.
After the initial consultation, i'm much more optimistic about our relationship and hope we just need a few tweaks and then we'll be ok again, much better than I'd initially feared.

skaboy Wed 24-Apr-13 14:20:54

Yes

And it is working for us. We're there to split up on nicer terms though so I guess its a different kettle of fish in a way. However its really helping us talk through and agree on what happens next and I even think it will lead to a strong friendship where we can both parent the kids together. (Believe me this seemed impossible a few weeks ago). I'm happy to chat to you about all this if you like

LippiPongstocking Wed 24-Apr-13 14:46:27

Yes, we've done Relate, which was a disaster (but only because he took a dislike to the counsellor) and we've also had psycho-sexual counselling which has been amazing. It all depends on how committed you are to making things work, and what the problems you are having are based upon. I wish you nothing but the best of luck, it's worked wonders for us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now