Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

We are back together

(45 Posts)
Consils Tue 23-Apr-13 14:07:46

Sorry to be so happy but I want to shout from the rafters. Two years apart and then a magic hug. He is moving in. All we have talked about is how much we have missed each other. Miracles happen and mine happened yesterday. We were together for 8 years before this.

grin

Lueji Tue 23-Apr-13 14:09:01

Not sure if congratulations really are in order, so good luck. I hope it works out. smile

Leverette Tue 23-Apr-13 14:10:25

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Consils Tue 23-Apr-13 14:15:08

His sister hates me and he rents from her. Would love to see her face when he tells her she needs a new lodger. Bless her.

Consils Tue 23-Apr-13 14:16:02

And bless our marriage.

NeverTooManyCats Tue 23-Apr-13 14:16:08

Congratulations. I don't know the history, but you sound very happy. Long may it continue smile

QuintessentialOHara Tue 23-Apr-13 14:17:53

So for two years he was bowing to his sisters wishes and denied your love and now he is back?

Good luck.

Consils Tue 23-Apr-13 14:19:43

I wanted to post something positive in relationships. I proposed. He said yes before I had finished.
grin
and thank you.

Consils Tue 23-Apr-13 14:21:57

It was a bit more complicated than that. Her fiance committed suicide and she was in a bad way and resented me.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 23-Apr-13 14:37:13

But why was he renting from his sister in the first place? Something must have gone seriously wrong in the relationship itself to split you up for 2 years.

Lueji Tue 23-Apr-13 14:42:56

And you did you propose? Had you gone back together already?

It also feels odd that you are so worried about getting one over his sister.

Sorry, but I do think you will be grilled about these happy news here. smile

hellsbellsmelons Tue 23-Apr-13 14:50:32

What were the reasons for your break up in the first place.
I really hope it all goes well but if you haven't addressed these issues then they will re-appear!

Consils Tue 23-Apr-13 15:09:58

We decided that we can't live without each other. I have been terrified that he would meet someone else.

Consils Tue 23-Apr-13 15:12:37

WE argued about the sister situation and the mothher took her side. The mother is now late of this parish so one less to argue about. I even feel sorry for the sister now.

Fairydogmother Tue 23-Apr-13 15:13:58

Erm is this from a mills and boon story??!!

Consils Tue 23-Apr-13 15:17:23

We hugged for about an hour. He cried and apologised and I said lets get married.

No one is taking away my grin

Consils Tue 23-Apr-13 15:18:10

It is Jane Austen.

Schnarkle Tue 23-Apr-13 15:20:06

confused are you writing from 1950's Ireland?

So happy for you that you've WON yay hugs. I hope he's worth the hassle.

ClipClap Tue 23-Apr-13 15:20:47

Congratulations, very happy for you.

Ashoething Tue 23-Apr-13 15:21:55

hmm

Consils Tue 23-Apr-13 15:24:26

Sense and Sensibility.

Consils Tue 23-Apr-13 15:29:41

I have avoided relationships but wanted to give hope to those longing for a happy ending. Next stop is putting his furniture into storage so that we can squeeze together into my tiny Cotswold cottage. We are not rich but we have each other for good now. I might advertise on mn for witnesses like knickers on her head.

whatsleep Tue 23-Apr-13 15:29:51

After living together for two years and struggling to make ends meet we split up and didn't see each other for two years. When we met again we realised what we had lost and got back together. We have been back together for 17 years and have been married for ten years this year. I was 18 when we met and I think we were just too young to be tied down with mortgages etc...... Having a break is not necessarily due to some deep dark secret grin good luck op, hope you get your happily ever after too!

MeNeedShoes Tue 23-Apr-13 15:30:34

biscuit

Consils Tue 23-Apr-13 15:32:56

Cognito, he lost everthing at Lloyds. Hence the relative poverty.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: