Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

can anyone recommend a book or something?

(5 Posts)
TeaCuresEverything Mon 22-Apr-13 08:29:42

Hi hoping someone can help. Basically, since having ds 2 and a half years ago, my marriage has got worse and worse. We are now at the stage where we haven't had sex for months, we rarely make conversation and we don't really get on as friends even. We are both stressed a lot, we both work ft and I'm just so sad about what has happened to us. Does anyone know of a book or guide or something that could help us? we can't afford marriage counselling. And leaving him isn't an option I couldn't afford it and I couldn't do it to ds.

Mosman Mon 22-Apr-13 08:51:45

I would spend 30 quid on a cheap b and b and a bottle of massage oil and wine instead, there's loads of info online. I did buy a book when DH had an affair but the most useful stuff was online and right here tbh.

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 22-Apr-13 09:04:38

If you can't find time to talk, you certainly can't find time to read a book..... Take a day off work/get a babysitter/make space in the diary, sit down with each other and have an honest conversation about where you see yourselves two, three, five years down the track.

What does 'worse and worse' actually involve btw?...

SummerDad Mon 22-Apr-13 18:46:18

You may benefit from an employee assistance programme for relationships counselling if any one of yours employers offers such a programme. The assistance is confidential.

Fluer Tue 23-Apr-13 02:07:24

Good books for helping you to repair your relationship. and the forum will help you to see other people with same problems and their success with small steps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now