Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Would curiosity kill the cat?

(2 Posts)
itshothere Sun 21-Apr-13 16:00:17

My sister bumped into my ex bf the other day and he was asking lots of questions about me apparently.
A little history here. He was my first bf, we were engaged and together for 7 years some of that time living together. I got pregnant by him but didn't go through with it, please don't judge sad , in my defense I was a teenager. The relationship had great highs and great lows. We were young, hot headed and blooded. I loved him. I ended the relationship and without sounding too dramatic, it was quite a traumatic time.
Move forward 20 years!! I'm married with dc's. I don't live in the uk. He told my sister he's in a long term relationship and has a dc.
Now I'm thinking about him again and would love to know what's been happening in his life. Am I mad to be even considering trying to catch up? Apart from my sister randomly seeing him I have had absolutely no contact in all those years and honestly haven't even been thinking about him.
Why are these thoughts in my brain? confused .

Hassled Sun 21-Apr-13 16:07:03

Just don't go there. You don't want to know how his life's been - you want to revisit your youth, and the excitement that came with it. So work on making your current life more interesting instead - dredging up old boyfriends never ends well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now