Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Dating but not a relationship?

(9 Posts)
charlottesmum5 Sun 21-Apr-13 11:40:56

I've seen this guy for 3 dates. He said from the outset that he didn't want a relationship because he's moving house/job/area in 3 months and had just joined the dating site to get to know new people (women) in his new area (like me). However at dinner last night he said he would like to see me again but reiterated he doesn't want me to think that this is leading to a relationship. I like him, he's not my normal 'sort', but I'm worried that by continuing to see him for dinner that I am going to become emotionally attached. If you were me would you nip it in the bud now so as to prevent heartbreak further down the line? Arghh

awkwardsis Sun 21-Apr-13 11:42:34

He's a player. Don't do it to yourself

Mum2Fergus Sun 21-Apr-13 11:52:10

Cocklodger. Move on.

scaevola Sun 21-Apr-13 11:56:18

He's told you he doesn't want a relationship.

Believe him.

See him as a potential friend; so don't 'date' - do activities that you would do with friends.

kutee Sun 21-Apr-13 12:56:49

Run away!

TheOrchardKeeper Sun 21-Apr-13 12:58:19

He wants to keep dating so he can shag you.

Drop him like a hot potato smile

charlottesmum5 Sun 21-Apr-13 13:50:09

Wow ok, I hadn't looked at it like that!! But thankyou shock

dondon33 Sun 21-Apr-13 15:43:38

Whether or not he's a cock lodger or a bad un or even if he's telling you the truth.

If you know that your emotions can't stay unattached then end it - he's made it plain he doesn't want a relationship (for whatever reason) so listen to him before you possibly end up hurt - there's plenty other guys out there looking for a relationship - your energy would be better spent trying to find those types of guy.

charlottesmum5 Sun 21-Apr-13 18:57:39

Thankyou, you're right.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now