Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

How to message a poster

(7 Posts)
fullfathomfive Thu 18-Apr-13 22:11:05

I'm sorry if I'm missing something (am new here). I want to send a message to a poster, but when I click the 'message poster' link, instead of a field appearing (or popping up) where I might type out a message, nothing happens. In fact, that's not strictly true, because the page kind of 'jumps' to the top of the page. But this brings me no nearer to sending a private message.

I'd be grateful if someone could explain it to me. Thank you.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 18-Apr-13 22:12:28

What machine are you using? It works fine on an iPad using Safari browser.

fullfathomfive Thu 18-Apr-13 22:14:25

I'm using a laptop which is quite old. Perhaps this is the issue. Thanks.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 18-Apr-13 22:16:25

Which browser? Maybe try a different one? (If you'd been on the app, that might have been the explanation.)

fullfathomfive Thu 18-Apr-13 22:18:32

I will admit that I don't entirely know what "if I'd been on the app" means. I don't have a smartphone or an iPad anyway.

I'm using Explorer. Will try later with Firefox. Thanks again.

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 18-Apr-13 22:23:24

There's an MN app for smartphones etc, but I am antiquated and use the browser. Hope you can get it working, and welcome, btw. smile

OldLadyKnowsNothing Thu 18-Apr-13 22:25:42

There's a geeky stuff forum here too, someone there might be able to help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now