Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Getting over someone: advice needed please

(5 Posts)
OiVaVoi Thu 18-Apr-13 12:07:09

Just that really. I initiated the break up, it's probably for the best, but I'm just struggling so much. I can't eat, I feel shaky and sick and I feel like I'm losing my mind. Been smoking lots and boozing, which doesn't help, and I know in theory what DOES work: being active, running, music, no contact. But I just feel desperate.

What else can I do so I don't feel so shit? What worked for you?

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 18-Apr-13 12:15:54

How long has it been?

OiVaVoi Thu 18-Apr-13 12:20:12

Only a few days. I do believe the hoary of cliche about time being a great healer. So I suppose I've just to sit it out and be patient...

OiVaVoi Thu 18-Apr-13 12:21:24

Wow, I really can't write today blush

CogitoErgoSometimes Thu 18-Apr-13 12:23:50

Do you have friends you can be with? Someone to look after you and make sure you get something to eat? Early days you have do whatever it takes to get to the end of the day. Smoking and boozing will only make you feel worse, unfortuantely. Chicken soup, a few laughs and some early nights might help you feel more positive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now