Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Concerned about my best friends relationship!

(5 Posts)
Movingforward123 Thu 18-Apr-13 10:10:34

So my friend is in a relationship with a guy, she has been seeing him for 6 months. And she has two children. After seeing him for two or three months he started saying he really liked her and wanted to see more of her and wanted to come to see her in the week evenings. As she has her children she said it was too soon but she does really like him too and knows that at some stage the relationship will progress like that but not now. Then a few times after that when they had been drinking he was going on about it again and she then seemed to have caved in and let him come round in the evenings and meet her children.

She was previously seeing a different guy and he didnt get to meet her children until she had know him about a year. But it was a differnt type of reationship.

Anyway she recently broke up with the current guy saying it all seemed too intense. Then started speaking againa few days later and told me its now more relaxed. Then told me he wants to take her and her children on holiday. They have only been together 6months and it all seems very rushed considering the last guy she was seeing hadn't met her children for a year.

The other thing is, this guy has a dc that he is only allowed to see in a contact centre and is fighting his ex partner in court to see his child, as she doesn't want him to see the child. He mentioned something to my friend about 'pushing' his ex and she is making up lies saying he was violent i think.

I am just concerned that maybe this guy is too involved with her dc's considering she hasnt met any of his friends or family apart from his mum just once. And when they go out for drinks, he never takes her to the normal pub, they go to a differnt one where he doesnt know anyone.

I just wanted to see if I am blowing this out of proportion by being concerned or if others would too?

Bossybritches22 Thu 18-Apr-13 10:13:06

No red flags all over that one I'm afraid.

Tell her to follow her instincts

Unfortunatelyanxious Thu 18-Apr-13 10:16:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Movingforward123 Thu 18-Apr-13 10:18:14

well the problem is with the holiday for example, all she sees is a free holiday for her and the dc, and it does appear to be a kind thing to do, so her instincs on the say go.

But regarding his dc, I think she knows there is more to the story then he is saying, as she said she cant 'get a full picture'.

Movingforward123 Thu 18-Apr-13 10:23:05

normally my friend would also say that she would introduce dc to a new guy slowly too. But this guy seems to push in a not very pushy way to get what he wants and gets it. It seems like hes all nice to her and says yea but i really really like you and want to spend more time with you. Then she lets him even though she orginally said no!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now