Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What would you think of this?

(19 Posts)
Lovemyfamily Tue 16-Apr-13 22:41:02

DH came home from work tonight and says that his female friend had been getting wraps done and she has lost 5lb,, and she has pics of herself showing the weight loss.. HE then says I said to her to except my wife's friend request on Facebook and she can send me the pics of her so I can see them,, ( I'm dieting)
As if he did it, it wouldn't be right!
So I'd explained that I didn't want to see her naked body I didn't know the girl,,,
That was that... I goes n gets a shower comes down were my phone notifies me that this girl had excepted my friend request? That I personally didn't send...

My reaction is:
I asked him did he friend request her on my phone and he told me yes? I asked why as I told him I didn't want to see her naked body that I bearly knew the girl so why did you then go ahead and request her? He says he was only trying to do something nice for me!?

My alarm bells r ringing and I don't know if I'm over reacting or my instincts are right?

I changed my password and took my connection off the other devices..
That way if he try's to log in to my account I know it's for him to see these photos,,,

He's said he's going to bed to read hmm

Am I missing something here? Would you of thought the same thing?
I find him very flirty with this person in question but as usual he says I'm crazy and I'm imagining it?

Is he on FB himself?

Seems a bit odd tbh. Can't ever imagine dp being so interested in some other woman's weight loss? hmm

MsWinnieBaygo Tue 16-Apr-13 22:47:10

Odd.

Why would a woman actually want to send pictures of herself naked/semi naked to a strange woman she has never met or have a work colleague, male or otherwise, see her like that.

There's nowt as strange as folk.

coppertop Tue 16-Apr-13 22:49:00

So he admits that it wouldn't be right for him to send a friend request to her to see the photos, but goes ahead and sends one while pretending to be you? hmm

Is he usually so interested in weight loss, or is this a sudden interest that conveniently materialised at around the same time as he heard about potential nude photos?

She's weird too for wanting you to see them. They sound suited.

Longdistance Tue 16-Apr-13 22:51:44

Very weird.
My dh might mantion in passing about someone losing loads of weight, but if they yabbered on about some wrap that lost her 5lbs, he'd switch off at that point.
Something fishy going on there hmm
Does he mot have a fb account himself?

Lovemyfamily Tue 16-Apr-13 23:03:25

Apparently they had already had a conversation about it that he knew she was doing these wraps and he was told about them? Before know!
And because she's lost 5lb he's told me..
I felt I saw it in his face,
Oh shit!!
Took dog a walk asked if there was anything he could help me with I gave him a stern no,, and off he went to bed to read!

I had looked in his phone and there was a missed call from her personal mobile?
She contacts him through work to see if he's turning up at night she's his personal helper in the type of business they do and job she does... She helps gets sales and wins sales for him...Basically...
Why is she phoning him from her mobile at 5:30 today? Was it to see if he was going up tonight? If so why off her phone and not from the works??

Lovemyfamily Tue 16-Apr-13 23:04:14

He does have his own fb

Well these are questions he needs to answer but he won't.

BabylonReturns Tue 16-Apr-13 23:07:26

It doesn't sound right does it?

LemonPeculiarJones Tue 16-Apr-13 23:09:41

Yep, sounds off. I'd be very suspicious.

LeaveTheBastid Tue 16-Apr-13 23:14:15

Don't show your hand just yet OP. I think I'd sit back and let him dig his grave a little bit longer yet. I think your gut instinct is going to prove to be spot on here sadly, says my gut instinct. Lay low, keep your eyes and ears peeled.

Lovemyfamily Tue 16-Apr-13 23:18:19

He's very clever tho,,,
He worked that into conversation quite well actually,,
He knows I'm raging maybe why he's gone to bed to read?
I feel I want to go up and ask him,,

I said I told you I didn't want to see her naked and you still went ahead why? I was just trying to do a nice thing he says!

I actually feel sick!

Lovemyfamily Tue 16-Apr-13 23:20:04

What do I do or say? Im a bit shocked tbh

Could it be a silly understanding on my part,, could it be innocent?

LeaveTheBastid Tue 16-Apr-13 23:20:52

You need to at least ask him why he thinks its okay for him to look at her naked. He's obviously seen the pictures before he sent the friend request on your behalf. Massively inappropriate behaviour at work, with a colleague.

Lovemyfamily Tue 16-Apr-13 23:27:38

He's not said he's saw them,
Nor did I ask but I will

TiggerWearsATriteSmile Tue 16-Apr-13 23:43:20

She will hardly be naked though.
It will more than likely look like a generic midriff shot or thigh shot that all these 'weight loss' gimmic wrap thingy post.
I wouldn't be reading too much into it.

MsWinnieBaygo Tue 16-Apr-13 23:57:32

It's 5lb not 5 stone. I doubt you would be able to see any dramatic difference in before and after photos (naked or otherwise) over a 5lb weight loss

It sounds a feeble ridiculous excuse to get you to send her a FB friend request. It seems as if he wants her to have access to your FB page and be your friend on it.

Is she still on your FB?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now