We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

No "OKCupid", I am NOT interested in a man who thinks women are obliged to keep their legs shaved!

(16 Posts)
JakeBullet Mon 15-Apr-13 16:18:38

hmm

Liking OK Cupid (honestly) as reading some of the answers which men put to various questions is interesting....to say the least.grin

So I am not interested in the men who think women should be obliged to keep their legs shaved.

Or those who think "there are some circumstances where a woman is obliged to have sex"

Nor am I interested in a man who describes himself as "a slave" looking for "a tall black mistress". Why oh why have you added him to my "Quiver" list.....yes our interests might be similar but that's it. I am not "a mistress" or a dominant and crucially in this case I am not black.

Amazing who they think is compatible with me.

Trillz Mon 15-Apr-13 16:20:20

Or in men who don't understand what the word "obliged" means.

If they mean that they'd prefer it if women shave their legs that's a valid preference, but their inability to correctly understand and answer the question puts me off anyway.

Trillz Mon 15-Apr-13 16:21:41

I think it must be like a lot of "recommendation" engines online - you have to hit yes and no a few times before they get the idea of what you actually like.

OneMoreGo Mon 15-Apr-13 16:48:39

OP, have you seen the website That's not OKCupid? Genius stuff.

Darkesteyes Mon 15-Apr-13 17:37:45

Some bloke i was at school with shared a photo of a young woman with fine hairs on her legs recently.
Complete with the caption "its summer now ladies Time to get out the razor"
Arsehole.
Personally i wax so when i am between waxes there is some regrowth. Now if a man cant deal with that how the fuck would he deal with something like a mastectomy (God forbid) its the red flag called shallowness.
OP when i used to work for a sex chatline we had a caller (he had quite a posh voice) used to ring up asking to speak to a tall black mistress. <wonders if its the same bloke>

cinnamonsugar Mon 15-Apr-13 17:56:44

There is a way to get better matches on OKCupid by manipulating the algorithm they use if you can be bothered and have some spare time. Answer those questions that are a deal breaker to you, mark the answers you will accept from a match and make them important/mandatory. I did that and it made a very big difference. It's explained here. Good luck! smile

True story: When I joined OKCupid, the very first Quiver match was ... my (at the time) STBXH! I didn't even know he had an account or that he'd signed up within weeks of us deciding to separate, but it gave me an extremely entertaining afternoon grin

JakeBullet Mon 15-Apr-13 17:57:55

cinnamongrin

Yep, going to make some questions mandatory.

Loulybelle Mon 15-Apr-13 18:40:23

If a man cant deal with seeing me at my worst, then he dont deserve to see me at my best.

Darkesteyes Mon 15-Apr-13 22:02:15

Damn right Loulybelle

sunshineandfreedom Tue 16-Apr-13 09:13:08

I like to think of it as a kind of "arsehole filter" wink

ariadneoliver Tue 16-Apr-13 09:31:02

OneMore is it wrong to think that the chicken revolution guy sounds like a fun date? grin

dawntigga Tue 16-Apr-13 09:58:01

OneMoreGo LOVED that is it wrong that if I was single I'd probably have talked to the chicken guy wink

NotKnownForNormalTiggaxx

JakeBullet Tue 16-Apr-13 11:20:48

....nor am I interested in a man who goes by the name "sometimescalledsusan" (insert any woman's name) who shows himself dressed as a man and another as "Susan". hmm
No way is a man having a better wardrobe than me!

JakeBullet Tue 16-Apr-13 11:23:24

Am also not interested in the bloke who "only wears bright colours", doesn't believe in sex until after marriage but then thinks he'll have sex every day! Not with ME he won't......

Must re-look at the questions as I am being matched with some real extreme folk.

Loulybelle Tue 16-Apr-13 11:26:36

doesn't believe in sex until after marriage

On that im truly with ya sista, you wouldnt buy a car without testing driving it, so why marry a man without having a ride on his disco stick.

BellyChancer Tue 16-Apr-13 12:22:42

Cinnamon sugar, thanks, that is useful. I'll study that later, quick glance now.

I haven't started yet but I@ve always thought that you're better off raising your bar SKY HIGH from the get go and if you get three replies in one year they might be from half decent blokes. There is nothing to be gained from realising how many entitled perverted lunatics are out there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now