Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

If you are in love and he/she asks you why you are in love with heshe and how can you be so sure?

(8 Posts)
SoleSource Mon 15-Apr-13 00:18:52

What would your reasons be?

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 15-Apr-13 06:48:49

I'd tell the person asking not to be so insecure....

aurynne Mon 15-Apr-13 07:01:25

You may as well ask a hungry person why they're hungry and how can they be so sure... there are no "reasons" to be in love with somebody, and the mere fact that a person is in love is its own proof. I would personally find that question annoying.

SoleSource Mon 15-Apr-13 16:07:25

Yes so did I.

Ogooglebar Mon 15-Apr-13 16:11:30

You don't love people for a particular reason, you love them for THEM, for being who they are... If it's for a reason or even several reasons then it means it's conditional, which isn't really love.

maidmarian2012 Mon 15-Apr-13 16:16:58

I love my DP because he is himself and never tries to be anything other than that and is considerate and warm. I wouldnt change a hair on his head.

<<Slinks off because she has nauseated everyone>>

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 15-Apr-13 16:23:26

Is what you're describing known as 'fishing for compliments'? (Hate that)

Sianilaa Mon 15-Apr-13 21:49:07

Do you give your partner a reason to feel insecure? Do you tell them you love them, show them affection? Or are they just being needy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now