Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

told the dc today please come hold my hand

(7 Posts)
2anddone Sun 14-Apr-13 16:12:30

So 3 weeks ago 'd'h announces he is not happy and moving to his mothers. I bent over backwards hiding it from the dc until he had decided what he wanted to do. He announced on Friday that he is leaving for good
I asked him to come today to explain to dc what was going on, as he works shifts they hadn't noticed he had gone awol especially as we all went away for the weekend last weekend on a prebooked break. We told dc together that daddy doesn't love mummy so doesn't want to live here anymore. They were understandably upset and asked him to stay to put them to bed. They are currently all outside playing football and in the garden. He sounds like he is bloody dad of the year when I know for a fact if it was a normal day he would be sat on his arse doing fuck all as usual!
Please keep me from saying this to him don't let me rise to his bait in front of the dc. I actually hate him right now for what he has done

simbaandblue Sun 14-Apr-13 16:49:52

I don't have any advice but want to hold your hand as no one else has replied. People with more experience will come along soon I'm sure. I'm so sorry this has happened to you! I hope you and your dc are ok. <<hand holds>>>

Fleecyslippers Sun 14-Apr-13 16:55:20

Let him play football, let him put them to bed and don't give him the satisfaction of seeing you upset. When he is gone, and the kids are sound asleep, then you can let the tears and the anger flow. One day at a time for now.

VBisme Sun 14-Apr-13 17:10:46

It's very early days, you have every right to be angry, but try to keep it away from your children.
They need to know that their dad will continue to be their dad wherever he is living. I think you're being incredibly strong. But let the tears flow and use support.

Hopasholic Sun 14-Apr-13 17:16:43

Can you go out for a couple of hours? Meet a fiend? Go for a walk? Leave him to the kids playing superdad until he's put them to bed.

Sorry you're all going through this ( you and the kids) flowers

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr Sun 14-Apr-13 17:31:35

Sorry your going through this, like others have said its still early days, do not show how you feel. Take care

2anddone Sun 14-Apr-13 21:22:01

Bedtime was horrendous took me an hour and a half to get them to settle to sleep dd is already in my bed, don't know about school tomorrow will see what sort of night they have

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now