Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

STOP GAP EA support thread 19a while we wait for the proper links!

(17 Posts)
LemonDrizzled Sun 14-Apr-13 11:47:58

Oops I wasn't paying attention sorry. Hope this keeps everyone in touch till Fool comes to the rescue.

Tis sorry your FW has been an FW and if you are reading this SOD OFF you are invading her privacy. As for the SIL she should be ashamed of herself.

Enough said for now.

ponygirlcurtis Sun 14-Apr-13 12:19:33

Isn't it funny how Tis's FW of a knobby husband claims to be a good person, good Christian, claims to be changed and 'better', yet I bet he doesn't flinch at all or even recognise the awful horrors he has inflicted on poor poor Tis when she talks about how he raped her, strangled her and everything else. A normal person would read about that and feel utter utter shame at what they had done, how they had made someone they professed to love feel. And his sister, she should be utterly ashamed of herself, and her brother, who is a vile abuser.

Sorry, am completely bonkersly angry at his behaviour, both on Tis's behalf and also on behalf of all of us. I want this thread to be a place of safety for us, we are all vulnerable and afraid.

And he is a knob. That is all.

tethering Sun 14-Apr-13 12:45:30

Tis I'm so sorry they have stalked you like this. thanks

snowshapes Sun 14-Apr-13 13:10:51

It is stalking, isn't it? Really sad about this. Very very sorry tis. This thread is a lifeline to so many people. I have always tried to weigh up the fact that it is an open, public forum with the fact that posting is so helpful personally and, I think, for others too. But the FWs don't give up, do they?

tis your last few posts were positive and looking to the future. Hold on to that, and stay strong.

Love to all.

MrsMorton Sun 14-Apr-13 13:14:09

Oh tis sad really gutted for you that you have been so let down. FW and SIL should hang their heads; it's like reading someone's diary FFS. Heartless twats.

FairyFi Sun 14-Apr-13 13:47:16

thanks Lemon

Was getting panicky and keeping searching sad for the thread...

It is horrifying that such a beast with every mark of the devil on him, can walk into a church and think himself fit to tell others how to live their lives! pah! makes a complete mockery.

I guess he'd argue that he didn't rape, or strangle... whatever, can he ever say he didn't terrify her, no, that is for her to say. Are these people so ignorant to not notice the way she has behaved and the things she's had to do since leaving, or in trying to leave.

MrsM this is their huge problem, they have no shame whatsoever, or even any self-awareness or empathy for others. Hang their heads indeed.

Police - cyber-stalking. yet another assault on Tis I'm so sorry you have these inhumanes on the planet.

Says a huge deal about their inadequacies, and I'm glad they have seen Tis strength shining through despite their best efforts to destroy.

lots of love Tis xxx

FairyFi Sun 14-Apr-13 13:48:24

and on a lighter note Lemon thanks for the link to the lardy recipe smile

FairyFi Sun 14-Apr-13 13:52:59

I am hoping Fool is ok, and also been thinking a lot about Maggie in her efforts, and Charlotte too.

so angry still for Tis - how dare he think himself fit to carry a bible. A wife & child beating coward

bountyicecream Sun 14-Apr-13 13:58:05

tis if you're reading this I want to add my [anger] and sad at your FW taking away a place of sanctuary for you. He should be ashamed and it really is stalking and just another form of abuse to add to his already long list.

Just wanted to take the chance to say that your honesty and openness have really helped me personally along the difficult path, and your humour and wit have made difficult times that bit easier. As others have said please remember the positive place you are in now compared to the last 16 years.

bountyicecream Sun 14-Apr-13 14:09:38

Ooh nearly forgot. Actually came on here to say thanks for the flowers . I'm feeling a little better but still along way off normal. H (who has been quite nice all weeked - has let me stay in bed whilst he looked after DD) was back to normal today. This morning was the first time I've fancied eating for a few days. Bearing in mind that I'm low end of normal BMI as I was pouring some cereal he actually said to me "you really need to watch what you're eating". I was angry .

FairyFi Sun 14-Apr-13 14:26:46

grrrr Bounty at your FW.

Good to hear you are feeling like eating again, enjoy it to the full xxx

TisIsUncovered Sun 14-Apr-13 16:46:47

You are all amazing smile sad

I'd just stopped crying when I got a whole raft of messages here and PMs not just from posters but lurkers too and started again. I am a little bit blush a lot thanks and deeply touched.

I have given the much repeated suggestion some thought and I will be hopefully acting on it soon.

Seriously though guys - I am very grateful for the support you have all given me over the past few months. You have seen me through some very dark days and I would have sunk without you all at times.

I am blessed to have had you all in my life and I will be with you in spirit if not in virtual reality at the Vixens later, raising a wine to freedom.

TisIsUncovered Sun 14-Apr-13 16:48:33

Oh, and thanks to MNHQ who have acted with lightening fast reactions. You guys rock.

AnyFucker Sun 14-Apr-13 17:26:41

Tis best wishes from a lurker

I have no idea what has happened, but I can make a good guess sad

You are a valued member of MN who gives blody good advice (sadly, from experience), and I am glad to see you are sticking around.

FairyFi Sun 14-Apr-13 17:47:39

You are an amazing survivor of a sadistic abuser... keep strong lady! xxx

OxfordBags Sun 14-Apr-13 18:27:14

Tis, like AF, don't know what's happened, but it sounds terrible and want to offer you my support. Whatever does not kill you makes you stronger, girl. You know that better than most and always use your pain to save other from the same. flowers

foolonthehill Sun 14-Apr-13 20:50:59

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1732243-support-thread-for-those-in-emotionally-abusive-relationships-20

with apologies for the wait

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now