Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Just a nice little story

(20 Posts)
SarahGoodwin33 Sat 13-Apr-13 23:44:22

I really wanted to share this story as it really has made me feel really happy and wondered what other people's thoughts were particularly women.
I am a transsexual (you can see me on spics thread) and although I am now living full time as Sarah I led a double life for years.
Someone told me once that that even though I was not born a woman and won't have menstrual cycles it is always nice to carry tampons should someone be in a position to need one in am emergency.
Well after years and years of doing this out of habit (their is always see lurking at the bottom of my handbag!!) the opportunity arose to help out a woman who had been caught out in John Lewis toilet! I gave her a few to help and although she may well have not realised I was a ts I blurted out that I was really glad I could help.
She was so kind and grateful and it really made me feel part of womankind. Silly I know and those who aren't in situation will probably think its wired or petty but for me it was lovely to be able to help.
There I said it!

MadBusLady Sat 13-Apr-13 23:51:42

Aw smile What a nice suggestion from that person.

I wish you'd been in the John lewis I was in when I came on the other day! I had to do the awkward walk all the way to Boots and then back to JL.

SarahGoodwin33 Sat 13-Apr-13 23:54:12

Lol, I would have been only too happy to oblige!

MeerkatMerkin Sat 13-Apr-13 23:56:17

That made me smile - how lovely. smile

Punkatheart Sat 13-Apr-13 23:59:13

Gorgeous story my dear girl. Being so thoughtful really makes you a member of the female species!

SarahGoodwin33 Sun 14-Apr-13 00:04:05

Aw shucks thank you, you are all very sweet. Now time for the not so glam task of pre bedtime cleansing and toning!

DragonMamma Sun 14-Apr-13 00:07:14

Lovely story smile

And you are doing better than me to cleanse and tone before bed, I'm lucky if I have any make up left to remove after a day with my 2.

Buzzardbird Sun 14-Apr-13 00:07:18

Ah, Sarah, how kind...and gorgeous pics btw x

CautionaryWhale Sun 14-Apr-13 00:17:45

flowers

That cheered me up Sarah. I don't cleanse or moisturise (unless baby spitty kisses count?) and I wish I looked as good as you on photos envy maybe I need to start smile knowing I haven't even brushed my hair today
It was really nice what you did - having been caught short there's nothing worse than having to stick half a bog roll down your knickers...

ByTheSea Sun 14-Apr-13 00:18:35

That is a lovely story. smile

babyradio Sun 14-Apr-13 00:19:12

You've reminded me that I haven't seen my toner since I moved house hmm

You look lovely in your photos! You have inspired me to get back into my night time beauty regime... where is my toner...

Sunnywithshowers Sun 14-Apr-13 00:44:18

smile

Fluffymonster Sun 14-Apr-13 01:02:53

That is indeed a nice story and I'm glad you posted it.

Could've done with having someone like you around the other week, when I had to scurry out at the end of my dd's birthday party. grin

PowerPants Sun 14-Apr-13 01:18:51

Sarah - lovely story and stunning pictures.

cozietoesie Sun 14-Apr-13 09:21:44

smile

dawntigga Sun 14-Apr-13 10:20:18

Sarah honey, y'all are gorgeous girl inside and out!

It'sNiceToReadALovelyThreadLikeThisTiggaxx

dawntigga Sun 14-Apr-13 10:22:12

Tiny thing though, you aren't living as Sarah you ARE Sarah.

ProudOfHerFemaleFriendsRegardlessOfOriginsTiggaxx

MrsCosmopilite Sun 14-Apr-13 10:24:07

You've inspired me to put skincare back up there on the agenda too! I'm too lazy disorganised to do make-up on a daily basis, and of late, I've been forgetting to moisturise.

Lovely photos, by the way, and a great idea to be 'equipped' when going out! smile

waltermittymissus Sun 14-Apr-13 10:31:01

Lovely story smile but let's discuss what's really important...

Where did you get that black and white maxi dress?! grin

aurynne Sun 14-Apr-13 10:34:24

Oh my God Sarah you look gorgeous! And have such a lovely, radiant smile! One of my best friends is TG and I know how important those little things are, when people see you are the woman you really are and just treat you normally. I would love to have you as a friend too, you sound like a gorgeous person. All the best!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now