Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Intimacy Issues

(4 Posts)
Roopoo Sat 13-Apr-13 08:36:19

I have a 6month old DS.
We haven't been intimate since I had my 12 week scan.

I worry this is so abnormal. I love DH and still fancy him but just don't ever feel like I want to have sex.
I hate my body after 2 DC my tummy is a saggy mess and I weigh a lot more.

DH never makes a move but then DS is still in our room.
We joke about making time to have sex etc almost like a kind of reassurance that we still want each other but thats as far as it gets.

The longer it is the more Im just not fussed (which cant be good) and nervous.

Dont know what Im looking for really.... Reassurance advice.
Thanks

Altinkum Sat 13-Apr-13 08:51:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Roopoo Sat 13-Apr-13 09:06:30

I think your right.
Sometimes the thought of it just seems overwhelming. I dont know.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sat 13-Apr-13 09:45:18

When you say 'intimate' are you just talking about PIV sex? Because, if you're struggling with body-image, are feeling self-conscious and unable to relax you probably need to build up your confidence slowly with other kinds of intimacy first rather than leaping straight in to full sex. Almost like when you were first embarking on a sex-life as a teen, snogging & petting is huge fun!!! smile Talk to your DH about it and tell him you're sensitive about your appearance and that you want to take it slowly, give it time, and build up gradually. A caring lover should respond to that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now