Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Am I OK to have casual sex?

(18 Posts)
mcmooncup Sat 13-Apr-13 00:13:36

I've got a date tomorrow. TBH I could go through the whole, "I'll wait it out" thing, but actually, he is hot as hell and I'd just like some lusty sex.

Wrong?

MichaelPortaloo Sat 13-Apr-13 00:18:25

Do it. Use a condom! Enjoy grin

UnderwaterBasketWeaving Sat 13-Apr-13 00:19:23

Are you a grown up?
Can you keep yourself safe (in all senses)?
Yes?

Then have fun!

HotCrossPun Sat 13-Apr-13 00:20:15

As long as you are safe then I can't see anything wrong with it.

deleted203 Sat 13-Apr-13 00:23:40

Hmmm...depends perhaps on where you would ideally like the relationship to go?

I see absolutely no problem in adult women thinking 'Actually I just want sex. No strings, but I fancy you and I'm old enough to do what the fuck I like'.

I do think if you would like it to turn into a proper, long term relationship then it's probably better to take your time a bit and let things develop rather than shagging his brains out on the first date.

This is purely because I have seen in the past that (many) men appear to mentally divide women into 'proper relationship' and 'hot casual shag'. If you give the impression of the second it might be more difficult to get him to think of you as the first.

End of the day, entirely up to you, however. Certainly not wrong.

CastroIsDead Sat 13-Apr-13 00:29:11

if you're both single and both want it then go for it. lusty sex would be top of my list if i could find anyone hot as hell

MichaelPortaloo Sat 13-Apr-13 00:31:48

I think what sow is saying is rubbish. If it's going to be it will be.

Plenty of wonderful relationships development after several sex free dates but plenty do after hot one night stands, too!

Estherbelle Sat 13-Apr-13 01:03:42

Oh what the hell, DP and I slept together on the first date. Two years on we're engaged...

DioneTheDiabolist Sat 13-Apr-13 01:06:13

Be safe and go for it.grin

BabylonReturns Sat 13-Apr-13 01:06:39

DH and I DTD on the first date, that was 13 years and 3 DCs ago smile

TDada Sat 13-Apr-13 07:02:55

Making him wait a bit not bad for build up of desire ....not a moral issue

AnimatedDad Sat 13-Apr-13 07:10:52

As parents, we don't have as much time to mess around and play games as we used to.

Give yourself (and him) a present. You almost certainly deserve it.

You can work out where it's going later.

Branleuse Sat 13-Apr-13 07:15:58

go for it!

neontetra Sat 13-Apr-13 07:22:59

Go for it. After all, if he's the kind of sexist moron sowornout is talking about, who would shag on a first date himself but judges women for doing so, better you find out now! And he almost certainly isn't. Enjoy!

niceupthedance Sat 13-Apr-13 08:12:10

Agree with neon... If he judges you for sleeping with him then who wants him anyway?

Go for it. I would.

AnimatedDad Sat 13-Apr-13 08:30:49

Just to say, women judge men on the basis of sexual choices too.... It's not sexist. It's just dumb.

HairyGrotter Sat 13-Apr-13 08:32:57

Mount up and enjoy!!

verygentlydoesit Sat 13-Apr-13 08:34:53

If it's what you want, go for it.

Don't apologise, explain, or overanalyse- enjoy yourself. A woman who is in control of and confident about her sexual needs is a good thing in my eyes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now