Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

divorce help p lease. im near the end.. i think

(3 Posts)
wonderingsoul Wed 10-Apr-13 10:16:29

ok. long story short.
exh lives in america. we have split allmost 4 years ago, i live in the uk and have done for the past 4 years. it has taken almost 4 years to get to this stage as ex refused to sign the papers, and involved alot of prove getting via emails that he was being awkward and refused to sign them.

i finally got my nisi granted on the 28 of January 2013. i know there's a 7 week wait before you can get your absolute. i hadnt heard from my solicitor until today. i have to sign another letter

notice of application for decree nisi to be made absolute or conditional order to be made final. all i have to do is sign it.

im a bit lost as to what this means. do i have to wait the 7 weeks from when this has been to court or once this has been to court its final?

i have phoned my solicitor but all i seem to get is that he will call back or his receptionist will with a meeting. though im sure if i was paying itd be alot quicker and more helpful

so if any one can help me with what this means> id appreciate it. its been a long struggle to get this far and i just want it over now,

redskynight Wed 10-Apr-13 10:43:29

You've already waited 7 weeks since your nisi, so once this signed form has been to court it is final and you are freeeeeeeeeeeeee.

wonderingsoul Wed 10-Apr-13 11:18:27

reallly? grin

i have a meeting monday to talk about maintenance so will check then but i really really really really hope so. i want it over so much.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now