Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Nearly a year on...and where am I?

(6 Posts)
LovesPeace Mon 08-Apr-13 17:14:47

Hi all
About a year ago I felt my partner had suddenly ceased to be 'on my side', at a difficult time (had lost my father, and a beloved pet of 20yrs within a few months). I checked his computer, and found he had cheated on me, cyber affairs, but also using prostitutes, and joining swinging, dogging sites (I know - ewwww).

So where am I now?

Well, I have just spent the happiest year I have had for a long time. I made new friends (including a FWB who helped me get back into the swing of things ;) ).

Then I met someone who loves me, and wants me to marry and live with him. I'm not sure if I will, tbh, as I love my single life.

So don't let your past relationships define you, ladies - enjoy the future.

xxx LovesPeace xxx

hellsbellsmelons Mon 08-Apr-13 17:32:24

Really pleased you got out and so glad it's going so well.
Well done and thanks for the inspiring story.
Hopefully it will help others understand that life does go on - eventually!

izzyizin Mon 08-Apr-13 17:47:29

If it ain't broke don't fix it, honey.

Enjoy your single life with all of the advantages it has to offer and wait to see how your current relationship develops before giving any consideration to a merger, so to speak grin

dondon33 Mon 08-Apr-13 19:26:50

Well done to you Loves your update gives me hope about my future x

ohtobecleo Mon 08-Apr-13 19:41:40

Inspired! smile

ClippedPhoenix Mon 08-Apr-13 19:51:30

Another well done you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now