Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Cohabiting when you want to be separated.. Can it work/any advice please?

(1 Post)
Lostwithoutacompass Mon 08-Apr-13 16:56:22

I posted a while back (Love but not in love with my husband). I have since then spoken to someone at relate, stalked mn nonstop for parallel situations/advice, started reading Too good to leave, too bad to stay, and continued with a wholefoot of soul searching. I now know i have pretty much emotionally checked out of the relationship. Except for the kids, there is nothing else that naturally ties us together and we haven't slept together in a year.

We basically coexist as friends, the atmosphere in the house is fine but sometimes I feel like my head is going to pop because surely something has to happen/change and I don't know what the next step should be. As its all come from me my DH seems to have decided to carry on as normal unless I suggest otherwise..

I am a sahm, we have a joint mortgage on the house, three kids ages 2, 4 and 6. I don't think we can afford to do anything but stay in the same house until I can earn a decent wage again.

Does anyone have any experience of living together like this, any suggestions on how to do things would be hugely appreciated..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now