Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

What do I say?

(6 Posts)
numberonedad Sun 07-Apr-13 17:43:31

Daughter went to visit her aunts. Daughter's mum has significant "issues" with her sisters - I'm not sure what they are, but they may extend back to childhood. Daughter's mother and sisters will not talk to each other, problem goes on, daughter's mother gets more paranoid, believes sisters are scheming behind her back. She texts sisters, but they wont talk to her. Daughter's mother gets very upset with my daughter and tells her that she doesn't want to see her and she should come and live with me all the time. Daughter upset.

Fortunately things repaired between daughter and her mother, but not without me promising that I would talk to her sisters and try and help sort things out. If that is what I have to do so my daughter does not have the upset of episodes like this then that's what I'll do - but what do I say?

AnyFucker Sun 07-Apr-13 17:51:10

I am sorry, I can't flow that OP at all

AnyFucker Sun 07-Apr-13 17:51:27

Follow

whattodoo Sun 07-Apr-13 17:55:04

How old us daughter?

I presume you are separated from her mother.

Do you have any contact with the aunts?

If possible, I'd try to keep out of it - your best bet us to stay neutral for your daughter's sake.

TheSilveryPussycat Sun 07-Apr-13 17:56:44

I think I follow it, OP, but unless you can spell out the issues between the sisters (including your Ex) it's hard to know what to advise.

I don't hold out much hope for success though, but understand you are doing it to help your DD.

AllOverIt Sun 07-Apr-13 18:00:18

Too confusing to read, sorry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now