Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

online dating, again

(4 Posts)
oopsadaisymaisy Sun 07-Apr-13 15:00:00

I'm sadly just realising that there's a great deal of men out there only interested in an empty vessel. That lots of men really aren't remotely interested in who women are but just whether they can have a satisfactory wank. Or is it just my experience? I thinks it's time for me to come off.

VelvetSpoon Sun 07-Apr-13 15:15:50

I think (somewhat depressingly) that's a fair summary of the majority of men who OD.

You will get lots of smug marrieds telling you how easy it is to find a wonderful man online, how their DH was their 3rd ever date, blah blah. They are the EXCEPTION. Most people either do it for a few months, get disillusioned and give up, or end up plugging away at it for years before they meet anyone even half decent.

Give it a break for a while if you feel like it, and come back to it. You may of course meet someone in RL in the meantime and not need to!

oopsadaisymaisy Sun 07-Apr-13 15:25:31

Velvet, too true. Actually, just as I posted this very depressing post my email pinged and it was my long standing pen pal who reminded me that there are definitely some lovely men in the planet too. smile I definitely need a break. I'm taking my profile off.

OhLori Sun 07-Apr-13 16:16:11

Agree Oops, and Velvet. And the "satisfactory wank" thing, I quite agree - both literally <ick> and metaphorically. I have lost a lot of respect for men in the last few years I'm afraid, but OTOH I don't waste my energy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now