Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

I am in a sexless marriage and have tried everything but don't want to leave

(52 Posts)
Pandrm Sat 06-Apr-13 11:25:56

Hi. A while back I posted about how my wife of 28 years addmitted she doesn't fancy me anymore. Nothing has changed of course even though I continue to try to do all the right things - including some of the advice given last time ( thank you). However I feel bitter that my wife is witholding sex from me ( actually she would let me her but I don't think it unreasonable to expect her to want me to do it). I have heard people advising women in her situation to 'set their husband free to have a normal loving and sexual partnership. The trouble is this kind of freedom would mean, for me, poverty and misery and the idea of not seeing my children every day tears my heart out. I feel I am heading down into a depression that I am not sure I will get out of, nor will I even want to. I would welcome any helpful thoughts. Phil

Pandrm Sun 07-Apr-13 19:11:19

Yes on reflection I think it is perhaps more about mismatched libidos, and I do think we are at opposite ends of the scale. For some reason it feels more important now than ever. I think it has hurt most since she suggested she didn't fancy me like she used to. She is beginning her menopause and is seeing the doctor about it at the moment. The sex life I have tried to impart to you all, and apparently haven't done a great job, has been ongoing for the best part of twenty years. Yes, that's about the length of time we have had children.

Pandrm Sun 07-Apr-13 20:19:19

Thank you all for your comments. Its great to get alternative viewpoints on a very hard to talk about topic. I wll end the conversation with this post. Best wishes to you all. Phil

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now