Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Guilt

(2 Posts)
whereismytoenail Fri 05-Apr-13 20:21:43

my mum has decided after 30 odd years of marrige to finally divorce my dad

he has been violent in the past , is verbally and mentally abusive and i no longer speak to him

so why do i feel guilty at the thought of him been alone , although its nothing more than he deserves

izzyizin Fri 05-Apr-13 20:54:06

Even abusive twunts can invoke pity in those who have compassionate souls but this is an emotion which should be reserved for those who have done nothing to deserve contempt.

Your dm has been extremely forebearing in being his punchbag allowing your dad to have an excessively long run of having his every need catered for and now he's about to embark on a long overdue voyage of discovery in fending for himself or more likely finds another victim to wipe his boots on

Call it what you will - karma, poetic justice, or just plain old 'life happens' - there's nothing for you to feel or be guilty about.

thanks for your mum and here's wine to the start of her infinitely more rewarding and fulfilling life as a divorcee - ditch the guilt and make it a new beginning for you too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now