Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Seeking courage.

(7 Posts)
MissAliceBand Fri 05-Apr-13 08:34:16

Like the lion.

Why is it so hard to do? Even when you know what you have to do, doing it is tough.

I am not very brave, but I am working on it. It's taken me more than a decade idiot that I am but I think i've finally had enough.

I do not want my child to be like me. I want her to be happy, I want her to believe that she deserves to be happy.

Please help me to be brave.

What do you want to do op?

If what you want to do is for your child, you will find the bravery.

What have you had enough of?

MissAliceBand Fri 05-Apr-13 09:01:16

I have had enough of everything really.

The shouting and name-calling and feeling uneasy all of the time.

yesterday dd made up a song about how you should never shout at someone and make them cry. Which I'm told is my fault. She is 5.

I have royally fucked up at being a mother. But I can fix it, right?

Yes, you can fix it.

Why is it your fault your dd made up a song about not shouting and making people cry? Is it you who does the shouting and name-calling?

MissAliceBand Fri 05-Apr-13 09:26:59

No it is not.

But I am apparently such a skilled master of manipulation that I make him do it. In order to make him look bad.

If it wasn't all such a horrid mess to live with I would laugh at the ridiculous cliche of it all.

Well then, you need to get yourself and your dd out of this mess.

What is your plan?

Wishing you courage.

KayHunt Fri 05-Apr-13 09:35:28

You are brave, you've opened up on here which is a big step. Have you got an action plan? You can do this, for yourself and your daughter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now