Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

STBXH driving me crazy with his obsessions

(3 Posts)
Moanranger Tue 02-Apr-13 23:42:20

Just need to vent, really. I posted about a month or so ago when H announced he no longer loved me. Separation is moving along, I am sad about end of marriage, but am coping due to plenty of RL support.
I see STBXH about once a week, which I find upsetting generally. When I am away from him I feel much better. However, he emails me regularly to raise really peculiar issues, mainly to do with tax - HUGELy obsessed with it - I am hoping he finds a rich female tax advisor to hook up with, then he would be happy! Most of the issues he raises are complete red herrings, but I find them initially upsetting, until I explore further & discover he is out to lunch. An example: he claimed he was spending £500 per month on our 19 year old DS & wanted me to pay half, but then I found out we have no obligation to pay anything. But he raises stuff like this constantly. I do have a good lawyer so I run things by her.
My overall impression is that he is deeply unhappy - no real change from before separation, but My God, I wish he would get a life. His obsessions are really draining.

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 03-Apr-13 07:17:54

You need to find a way to detach from him more effectively. I don't know why you see him once a week... do you have smaller children? His e-mails are an attention-seeking tactic so don't respond. Print them out for your lawyer but mostly ignore.

whokilleddannylatimer Wed 03-Apr-13 07:28:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now