Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

just fed up?

(10 Posts)
noclue2000 Tue 02-Apr-13 16:19:18

do you ever just get fed up with being in a relationship?
married 9 years, and right now i just don't really care. i don't really want to be with him.
i'm fed up with the sameyness of it all.
he is a nice guy, a good dad. but i'm just bored of it all. i feel like we are going through the motions of life.
i just feel like i'm here with him cause i'm needed, not cause i'm wanted by him.
i feel like his wife, kids mum, but not me, not a person.
is that normal?

Househunter Tue 02-Apr-13 16:34:25

Do you get time for yourself? Hobbies? See friends without him and the kids? It's so important to not lose sight of who you are.

noclue2000 Tue 02-Apr-13 16:37:33

i do get time to myself, not going out as such, but in the day when the kids are at school, and going to the gym.
he goes out one night a week.
it feels like we both have lives without eachother and then an existance together. like its habbit, not fun.

SanctuaryMoon Tue 02-Apr-13 17:30:35

flowers I can empathise, I feel the same a lot of the time. I feel like the wife, the mother, but not me. I work full time, as does my husband, and it can feel as though we are nothing more than house mates, our only mutual concern our lovely 2 year old.

I don't know what the answer is, there is a lot of resentment here, a lot of me being moody, him trying but also getting it wrong wink

noclue2000 Tue 02-Apr-13 18:02:20

The small stuff is realy pissing me off at the mo.
The things that show I think of him, and do things to make nice efforts for him. For example, I got him an easter egg, chocolate he loves, I also made sure the kids had them, but I got nothing.
I know its a pathetic example, but its symbolic of me thinking of him,but him not doing the same for me.

SanctuaryMoon Tue 02-Apr-13 18:28:05

Oh I know, like doing all the laundry, making sure we always have food, ensuring his family have birthday presents etc. He has got better, but nobody got Easter eggs here as I was ill and it wasn't on his radar. MIL got us some, she is lovely!

noclue2000 Tue 02-Apr-13 18:45:03

I just want some freedom.
And I think me wanting that shows a big issue in my marriage.

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 02-Apr-13 18:59:13

I don't think it says that much about your marriage tbh. I think it just says that you're bored with the limited wife and mother life you've carved for yourself, have no outside interests, and you're looking to a man that has never been particularly exciting or romantic to provide the entertainment. Are you a SAHM? Did you have an education/career before you had kids or did marriage and family life start early?

Zilvernblue Tue 02-Apr-13 19:59:09

I felt like that OP, similar length of marriage, no DCs. I admit I "settled" and it was a successful enough relationship for several years, but we had nothing in common. I just wanted someone to do fun things with and I met someone else, and took the brave step of leaving to give it a chance. It only lasted two months, as it turned out, but tbh, those two months were so blissfully happy it was worth it. I would love for it to have lasted even two years, but I now have the attitude that marriage isn't really for me, and a successful relationship doesn't have to be one which lasts for the rest of your life.

noclue2000 Tue 02-Apr-13 20:05:14

cog
Bit of it all.
I work pt.
Went to uni but was also married with 2 kids by 24.
I have interests, as does he, but WE seem to have nothing outside of the house and kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now