Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Aargh! XH doing my nut in. Help me!

(11 Posts)
MushroomSoup Tue 02-Apr-13 12:14:53

The man is a buffoon! We have 4DCs and share their time equally. We split 10+ years ago when kids were very young. We have very, very, very little contact - odd smile/wave at pick ups, rare conversation to pass on relevant info.
DD2 broke a tooth a few weeks ago and had a temporary crown fitted. The appt for the permanent one is today so I was taking her. Bless her, she's asleep after being awake all night. Clammy, nauseous, headachey, etc.
I text XH to say I'm rescheduling the appt as she isn't well and are there any dates he'd like me to avoid - and I get back this !!!

What's wrong? She only has to sit there. Is she in hospital?

I want to stab hit him.

MushroomSoup Tue 02-Apr-13 12:28:11

Aargh!!! Now I've got I think you're just making excuses. WTAF is wrong with this man?!

DIYapprentice Tue 02-Apr-13 12:35:39

Just respond 'She isn't well. I AM rescheduling. Please let me know by X time if there are any dates you want me to avoid'. After X time just make the appointment and ignore him. Let him stew, he doesn't deserve anything more.

Dentist would definitely not appreciate you taking someone that ill into him.

MushroomSoup Tue 02-Apr-13 12:50:02

I rescheduled. But apparently I'm not allowed to talk to him 'like that' because it shows 'the sort of person you are'.

I'm giving myself a biscuit

DIYapprentice Tue 02-Apr-13 12:53:48

'Thankyou, I'm very proud of the sort of person I am'. grin

fuzzywuzzy Tue 02-Apr-13 12:56:23

no don't respond, switch off the phone and have a cup of tea and eat the chocolate eggs left over from the weekend.

This is one of the list of reasons he is your ex,

DIYapprentice Tue 02-Apr-13 13:04:37

Sigh... Fuzzy's right. As momentariliy satisfying as it might be to send my reply back to him, it wouldn't be worth it in the long run.

MushroomSoup Tue 02-Apr-13 14:01:49

Lol thank you - it's working!!
I did get an I couldn't answer your ridiculous date question as I'm in the post office posting 42 parcels. Some of us have work to do.

I'm a Head teacher on Easter Hols FFS! And he has never worked in all the years we were together. Now the DCs tell me he is making money 'at the auctions'. Well pardon me for having a break.

You're right.
This is why he's my ex.
But really, still bitter after 11 years?!

Littleturkish Tue 02-Apr-13 14:11:27

Blimey he sounds like a proper twat.

MushroomSoup Tue 02-Apr-13 14:16:33

Hee hee hee turkish

Littleturkish Tue 02-Apr-13 14:26:40

Oh and enjoy your Easter break- hope your little girl feels better soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now