Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Just told OH I'm leaving him - a strange sort of euphoria.

(6 Posts)
KirstieAllsop Mon 01-Apr-13 22:35:56

This feels odd to even post about. OH and I have had issues in our relationship for a while now. We have a 20 month old DD. When DD was much younger, he kissed another woman. I was too weak to walk away. He was barely apologetic. We've been going through the motions ever since.
He's always been a fibber. Nothing outrageous that I know of, but enough little things that finally equal a big thing. I feel stronger now. I've finally had enough. I've agonised all day about telling him that its the end of the road for us. Felt all out of sorts etc. His response? 'Can we tell people it was mutual?'
I felt sad for all of 10 minutes. Now I can't wipe the smile off my face. I know it won't feel like this all the time. I'm taking a big step. But right now it feels really really good.

CoteDAzur Mon 01-Apr-13 22:37:16

Good for you smile

ThreeWheelsGood Mon 01-Apr-13 22:40:47

Wow, his response certainly confirms it was the right decision! Well done and good luck for the future.

Hissy Mon 01-Apr-13 22:43:57

<high five>

KirstieAllsop Mon 01-Apr-13 22:45:48

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I forgot to add he also said 'well that was quicker than I thought it would be' and 'I don't have anything to say'. What a charmer. What a waste of my time.

purplewithred Mon 01-Apr-13 22:51:30

Believe me, it's a lot easier when oh wants to split too - be grateful to your gods and keep it amicable. He's going to be dds dad forever and that means you are going to be connected like it or not.

But we'll done for doing what seems to be the right thing for both of you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now