Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Break up

(5 Posts)
Talkingsgood Mon 01-Apr-13 15:03:20

I have broken up with my husband after 13 years together. I can't stop thinking of him and all I do is cry. There is a part of me that loves him deeply but another part that knows I will be better off in the long run. Just wish I could pull myself together . I have plenty of support from family and friends but that's not enough I just want him to want me. I am so mixed up by it all and all people around me keep saying it will get better. I have no doubt that it will eventually but at the moment it doesn't feel like that. I just need to talk about it all the time and think people are fed up listening to me. I just want to be happy I also want him to be happy. He left 4 weeks ago and says he doesn't see any way back for us. I don't want to let go but I know I need to. Just wanted to put my feelings somewhere other than a text to him x thanks for listening x

ScentedNappyHag Mon 01-Apr-13 15:06:39

thanks I'm sorry, that sounds so tough sad vent here all you need to, there're some amazing posters here that can give advice and support, and many like me who will handhold when you need too. It will get easier, stay strong x

Lucyellensmum95 Mon 01-Apr-13 15:07:16

Really sad for you. Do you have children together? What reason did he give for leaving? You say you know you will be better off in the long run - hang on to that thought.

Talkingsgood Mon 01-Apr-13 19:17:19

Thanks so much for the quick replies x I just feel really lonely and lost x never really realised how much I would miss him but I just keep focus on the bad parts of the relationship rather than the good times. We been pretty unhappy for a while so really it is do the best x I still speak to him most days and was becoming a bit of a text stalker lol that's why I thought I would post on here instead then I have something to focus on other than him xxx thanks again for replies xx

Talkingsgood Mon 01-Apr-13 19:23:47

I have two kids but they from a previous relationship so although he has been a big part of there life he doesn't really have to be responsible for them. Looking back he never really been that brill with the kids (although he wasn't bad to them) he always seemed a bit jealous and blamed the kids for things but when he left and I sat back and thought about things he got more out of this relationship materialistic things than the two kids and mysel put together x not that that's anything to do with the breakup but he was pretty selfish xx so holding on to that thought to help me through xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now