Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

OD and the men that dont want to meet

(13 Posts)
oopsadaisymaisy Fri 29-Mar-13 18:02:06

I don't get it. They pursue relentlessly but never want to actually meet. WTF is that all about?

Coffee1Sugar Fri 29-Mar-13 18:06:14

Married

TurnipCake Fri 29-Mar-13 18:06:36

Married/need an ego boost/jerks

oopsadaisymaisy Fri 29-Mar-13 18:08:20

Really, you think they're all married? I meet loads of them online. I'm Sooooo niave! Really? I'm guessing ego boost, why ffs? It pisses me oaf!

SundaysGirl Fri 29-Mar-13 18:10:52

Yep usually ego boost / bit of fun / fantasy / bored / something to wank over / married.

Those sorts of things.

By the way if you are interested there are a few things you can do to try and figure out if someone is attached before you get to the meet in person stage.

Usually asking for a video chat at about 5pm on a Monday works quite well wink

oopsadaisymaisy Fri 29-Mar-13 18:17:11

Sunday, I ll try that. smile

HeySoulSister Fri 29-Mar-13 18:42:02

Actually, ime it's the married ones who are keenest to meet!

Alittlestranger Fri 29-Mar-13 18:47:53

Why bother wasting any mental space on it?

Maybe they're shy, married, insecure, don't want what you want. Maybe they're bored enough to chat to a stranger, but think you're too boring to bother meeting up with. Maybe they're screening for people who sound easiest. Who the hell knows, who the hell cares. Focus on people who are interesting and available.

shouldvknownbetter Fri 29-Mar-13 19:01:00

Is that from experience Heysoulsister?

oopsadaisymaisy Fri 29-Mar-13 19:36:11

Alittlestranger, I care because you have to invest in people for a while before you decide whether to meet and it pisses me oaf smile

MsWinnieBaygo Fri 29-Mar-13 22:13:57

Your biggest mistake is investing in people emotionally before you meet them. Why invest in someone who is just an illusion? A few days of texting/emailing and then arrange to meet to see if you like each other in person- that should sort the wheat from the chafe. Why spend weeks and weeks dragging it out? If someone doesn't want to meet soon then, yeah, they are married, bored, a time waster, wanting an ego boost etc etc

oopsadaisymaisy Fri 29-Mar-13 22:23:49

Mswinnie, I'm not talking emotional investment. My time alone is precious smile

MsWinnieBaygo Fri 29-Mar-13 22:29:01

Stop wasting it on time wasters then - give them a week until a date is confirmed to meet. If non-commital after a week, block and move on. Ruthless is the name of the game grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now