Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Eharmony free w/e?

(4 Posts)
Chaoscarriesonagain Thu 28-Mar-13 18:39:27

Hi, I have been single for a few months now and decided with assistance of a glass of wine that I should give this a go.

I see eharmony are doing a free w/e. I joined in anticipation last night and have set up profile etc BUT when I try to message anyone it asks for credit card details? It is pretty expensive for a dating site, which is making me unsure? Also, the interface is harldy user friendly.

Can any wise MNer offer advice?

ohtobecleo Thu 28-Mar-13 19:22:44

I've used eharmony recently and I don't like it. I paid for a subscription because they had 3 months for the price of one. I find the site very hard to use and I don't like the fact that you can't choose who you want to communicate with, you can only deal with the 'matches' that they send you. I'm not impressed.
Try Guardian Soulmates, it's a little more expensive but much better all round in my opinion.
Good luck.

Chaoscarriesonagain Thu 28-Mar-13 19:50:05

Thanks v much , I was getting the impression it was a bit rubbish and wasnt prepared to invest !

izzyizin Thu 28-Mar-13 19:59:23

May I suggest that, prior to baiting your hook, you plunge into the ongoing dating thread here: www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/1717276-Dating-thread-number-48

Now in its 48th incarnation, what the friendy bunch of regulars don't know about online dating wouldn't fill a postage stamp smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now