Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Advice please- what happens if you report an incident to the police...

(4 Posts)
FromHereToNextTuesday Wed 27-Mar-13 23:25:43

... and is it even worth it?

'D'H, after a week of mindfuckery, has escalated. I went to his house this evening, minus kids. I'm concerned about his state of mind and the state of the house. He expected contact tomorrow. No way am I comfortable with that now. I'm glad I went.

It's filthy. It's freezing. It's damp. It still smells of the stuff he burnt weeks ago. I wanted to speak to him and refused to leave (I have every legal right to be in that house). He, in usual style, refused to speak except to tell me how wrong I was. He demanded I leave. It's still my house, he may have trashed it, but still my house.

Got a bit teary. Mistake when dealing with an EA. Told me he was getting wound up and I had outstayed my welcome. He phoned his 'girlfriend' to come round for a shag, he set my car alarm off, threatened to lock me in, tried to get my phone off me, ripped my handbag, pulled my arm in the process (pregnant and ligaments are v. stretchy so easily done), anything and everything to get rid of me.

I admit after years of this kind of thing, I felt I had to stand my ground and stop doing what he tells me to. You don't call the shots now. You don't tell me what to do. Dangerous game though. Eventually he stormed out 'to get the kids' from my home. I panicked. I left.

I am in no doubt he is capable of 'getting' the kids and taking them. He does not think far enough about consequences (drink driving, going missing, affairs, risky sex). I don't trusy

Jux Thu 28-Mar-13 23:21:23

Yes. Report it. You have been assaulted. It needs to at least to be documented.

WafflyVersatile Thu 28-Mar-13 23:45:44

If that is where he is staying then surely you should respect his request that you leave the same as you would want him to respect your request that he leave where you are staying.

Finallygotaroundtoit Fri 29-Mar-13 07:08:01

What were you hoping to achieve by refusing to leave?

But to answer your question, what offence do you think he committed? Police deal with criminal offences.

Sounds like you both need counselling rather than police. Hope things improve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now