Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.


(8 Posts)
bossmum41 Tue 26-Mar-13 11:36:13

ex has now said he isnt paying the mortgage and has said if i cant afford it then i move out and he will move in!!!!! unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!! can he just stop paying towards the mortgage even if both names are on it?

BeingAWifeIsNotForMe Tue 26-Mar-13 11:41:03

Sorry I don't have the practical advice you need.

Just letting you know someone is listening if you need to rant.

Lemonylemon Tue 26-Mar-13 11:44:20

Speak to Women's Aid.....

bossmum41 Tue 26-Mar-13 11:57:32

thanks x

MadAboutHotChoc Tue 26-Mar-13 12:05:53

This link may help...

Xales Tue 26-Mar-13 13:17:54

They will chase him equally for any debt and it will screw his credit rating as much as yours if you default.

You do not have to move out so that he can move in and pay it.

Unless he is raking it in, it may not be feasible long term for him to pay the mortgage and for a place for him to live so you may have to look at other options.

Can you get a mortgage holiday or switch to interest only in the short term until everything is sorted?

Are there children involved?

mummytime Tue 26-Mar-13 13:27:00

Have you told your mortgage company you are splitting up?
Do you have kids?
Could you get a lodger?

CogitoErgoSometimes Tue 26-Mar-13 14:03:52

I think you need to take some legal advice and decide properly what to do about the house. Either one of you buy the other out, or sell it and split the proceeds, or reach some other permanent arrangement. Technically he can't just walk away from the debt but it sounds like he's not going to cooperate voluntarily either.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: