Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Husband has left, seems he can't cope with me being a 'cripple'

(58 Posts)
Kormachameleon Mon 14-Jan-13 22:22:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ZZZenAgain Mon 14-Jan-13 22:23:57

I don't know what to say, so many things are going on which are tough. How old is your ds?

Doha Mon 14-Jan-13 22:25:23

Don't let him back in.
If he comes back call the police please. I am shocked that he hit your DS and called you a cripple.
How old is your DS?

PureQuintessence Mon 14-Jan-13 22:26:01

Korma, him blowing up like this is not new thing, though, is it?

But, what is up with your health?

PureQuintessence Mon 14-Jan-13 22:26:52

If he has hit your ds, can you call the police? He has assaulted a child. Your child. You need to protect your son.

kittybiscuits Mon 14-Jan-13 22:27:25

Holy shit Korma that is really awful. Is he likely to come back? Are you going to call the police? He sounds like he's in a very unbalanced state. I think you need to protect yourself and your son. So sorry you are going through this. x

Kormachameleon Mon 14-Jan-13 22:28:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hassled Mon 14-Jan-13 22:28:38

Oh bloody hell Korma, I'm so sorry. Is there anyone you can call to come and sit with you for a bit?

giraffesCantGoFirstFooting Mon 14-Jan-13 22:28:42

Oh korma , things have just been shit recently eh? Make sure you are safe. Youaare not alone.

tribpot Mon 14-Jan-13 22:29:06

I would phone the police to report the assault on your ds and that your DH may be a danger to himself and others.

Then let the fucker spend the night in his car if it comes to it. Under no circumstances allow him back in.

The best way for your ds to understand this is not his fault is to see his dad dealt with by the police.

VitoCorleone Mon 14-Jan-13 22:29:09

Fucking hell, i want to kill the bastard for you.

I hope your son doesnt think its his fault, that would be heartbreaking.

PureQuintessence Mon 14-Jan-13 22:29:13

I remember your last thread, been a few years now. Nothing in between? No emotional abuse? Violence?

Kormachameleon Mon 14-Jan-13 22:31:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kormachameleon Mon 14-Jan-13 22:33:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DeltaUniformDeltaEcho Mon 14-Jan-13 22:34:03

Oh course you don't need him!

You can see how strong you are from your posts. It'll be tough for a while but you'll get through it and you'll be better off by the sounds of it.

I don't know what your illness is but it certainly sounds like you don't need a giant manchild to take care of on top of it.

And your DS will be ok. He'll see that twat for what he is and he'll see just how strong his mum is for getting rid.

Have you got someone you could call? If he turns up and bangs on the door just call the police straight away.

ZZZenAgain Mon 14-Jan-13 22:34:14

why is he talking about you being a cripple? Have you got MS?

ThatVikRinA22 Mon 14-Jan-13 22:35:22

korma - regardless - if he comes back dont allow him in and call the police. he should be bloody ashamed of himself. The police turning up to remove him (either to a cell if he gets arsey or to another place away from you if he doesnt) should sharpen his mind enough to know he is in the wrong.

be ruthless. he should not be hitting your son and smashing things up no matter how bad things are.

MumVsKids Mon 14-Jan-13 22:35:42

To call you a cripple is just disgusting sad

He sounds vile.

Hope you and ds are ok x

DeltaUniformDeltaEcho Mon 14-Jan-13 22:37:01

Well sometimes peace is much needed and vent away on here all you like.

Even if he does come back tonight you can refuse to deal with him. Just send him away. He's a big boy now, he can sort himself out for one night.

tribpot Mon 14-Jan-13 22:37:52

Surely if your dad would take issue with him laying a finger on you, he feels at least as strongly about his grandson, who is a child?

Your DH has threatened to commit suicide. It is more responsible to call the police than to hope he does.

Tortington Mon 14-Jan-13 22:38:24

fuck him - you sound amazing - hes holding you back fro the life you truly deserve

Kormachameleon Mon 14-Jan-13 22:41:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Kormachameleon Mon 14-Jan-13 22:43:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ZZZenAgain Mon 14-Jan-13 22:45:15

my sister has a debilitating illness and she has a husband who is a support, although he is a fairly stern type of character, he is a rock. I think if you do have someone at your side, it can be a big help. Really someone who crumbles and gets all emotional and falls apart on you, has big dramatic scenes etc, well I think you would be better off without that, wouldn't you?

izzyizin Mon 14-Jan-13 22:46:45

Yep, it sure does. Now make sure that you stay alone with your ds and don't let this abusive twunt anywhere near him - or you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: