Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Please give me some advice re: DV

(3 Posts)
Alchemist Mon 14-Jan-13 22:05:52

While I am not a well-known poster, I have name changed as some people know me by my usual NN and I do not want this to be traced.

My nephew sent me a message today in which he told me his partner has been violent and verbally abusive towards him. They have been together for about 3 years and it appears this has been on-going for at least 18 months. Obviously this has shocked me and I am horrified he has been going through this on his own but what do I do now? Do you know if there is an organisation like WomansAid for men? His partner is quite a large man and I am just scared for him and his safety.

It was chilling to read and I am very worried but don't know how I can best support him. Any advice would be gratefully received. Thanks for reading.

UnderSailingOrders Mon 14-Jan-13 22:11:02

men's advice line

Hope he gets some help, could you take him in should he want to leave?

Alchemist Mon 14-Jan-13 22:14:02

Thank you for that. Yes, he is very welcome here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now