Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Medical help with anger issues/anxiety

(4 Posts)
sipofwine Mon 14-Jan-13 21:07:43

Hi - My soon-to-be XP wants to seek help with anger issues and is planning to attend anger management.

I remember reading here on Relationships a while ago about someone's DP going to their GP to get medical help for something similar - though could have been anxiety/getting worked up. I think it was a drug treatment that allows you to calm down in situations where you normally get worked up/angry. I know you can get heart-related calming drugs but I'm sure this was something else. Anyone got any experience? I suggested that he might look into this as well as the counselling and said I'd ask for any thoughts on here.
Thanks!

HotDAMNlifeisgood Mon 14-Jan-13 21:24:55

Let him deal with his own treatment. They are his issues, not yours. He is a grown man, and he can book his own GP appointment/do his own internet searches (if he cares to).

You say he is a stbxp. How are you feeling, what kind of support do YOU have in place for yourself?

sipofwine Mon 14-Jan-13 21:42:27

I feel like a horrible, nasty witch who is about to pull everyone's lives apart!! Anyhow - he has actually gone to see his GP who basically didn't know what he was on about and told him to come back when surgery was quieter! I feel sad for STBXP because he is incredibly down so I do want to try to support him whilst pushing ahead with the separation... Thanks for the support though, HotDAMN. I am lucky that I have really lovely close friends and a very supportive family so when it's all out in the open I think things will feel better.

jjgirl Tue 15-Jan-13 07:16:11

Valerian works for me. Buy it in a health food shop.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: