Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

constantly left out of family

(11 Posts)
manic4boys Sun 13-Jan-13 15:45:46

....or so it feels. Sure its not intentional and its probably because I have a big family, but still.

Cousins all visit dsis at Christmas, take gifts, her dcsgifts, invite her for dinners, nights out etc. they give her a card to give me. I always go myself but they're not always in. I invite them here, never get invite back so I've stopped now. One cousin is super though.

Dsis has has confrontation s with them as they are all very opinionated, i'm not. They have no reason not to like me unless they just don't!

I've been stuck in all weekend, family know, as dh working andwe can't all fit in one car, live in midddle of nowhere. ring dm for a chat and find out she's at aunts with dsis and cousins for a big lunch. Hate being left out constantly. Really don't think dm, df and dsis do it intentionally but think the others do, dsis even adydress with nw

manic4boys Sun 13-Jan-13 15:46:43

Sorry, *even aggrees with me!

I know you can't change people so how do I not care?

dequoisagitil Sun 13-Jan-13 16:10:50

Have you ever said to them about it?

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 13-Jan-13 16:14:05

If you can't all fit in one car, perhaps others think you're too busy looking after your family to include you in everything. Or maybe this is a cue to make more of a social life with your own friends rather than rely too heavily on family? Keep up with the family members you like and leave the Awkward Squad to their own devices.

manic4boys Sun 13-Jan-13 16:15:41

Only to dm and dsis,, they agree with me but think I shouldn't care. Dsis has actually told them ! But then she has everyone round for tea too and never asks us. Its because there's no many of us isn't it. I have dsis and hers round thought though.
Problem with me is I always make excuses for people but when I actually think about it...

thegreylady Sun 13-Jan-13 16:17:40

How many of you are there?

manic4boys Sun 13-Jan-13 16:17:50

Cogito we can when dh is home, he has a huge car but needs it for work (equipment etc). I can leave teenage ds's at home but try not to as I hardly see them as it is.
I do have a 3 fanatic close friends who are like family.
I'm over thinking aren't I!

manic4boys Sun 13-Jan-13 16:18:27

fantastic not fanatic, flaming phone!
Me, dh and 4 boys

manic4boys Sun 13-Jan-13 16:19:14

And dss some weekends

Ragwort Sun 13-Jan-13 16:19:49

.........could it be something to do with your name ? grin

manic4boys Sun 13-Jan-13 16:21:23

Lol ragwort, probably!
No seriously, its me who feels manic, they're all pretty calm and no prob when we go visiting

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now