Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Relationships with other mothers

(3 Posts)
tazmo Mon 07-Jan-13 12:12:26

Hi

Have posted on this topic before - but still not feeling like I'm getting anywhere.

Feeling well low because my son was going to my friends every Mon following preschool - so much so, he now associates Mondays with going to his friends. I've offered to have her back many times and my friend refuses and said she was happy to have him as it kept her daughter busy while she gets everything ready for swimming. Before the hols, she said she couldn't have him twice - once because she was busy with work. the other cos she was knackered after a weekend away. This is the first day back after Xmas and she hasn't texted to say whether she could have him or not (which she usually does). Not sure if she is trying to stop this Mon arrangement. That is fine... but I just don't know what I'm doing wrong all the time that these play dates start and then they stop...

I don't seem to be invited round for coffee or any other play dates with any other mothers....feel such a billynomates.

Anyone else have this issue? I have 2 other children - feeling a bit depressed post natally so don't know if just being sensitive and maybe friend didn't want him at hers on first day back - though saw the other girl she normally takes at the same time being picked up.

T

CogitoErgoSometimes Mon 07-Jan-13 13:36:52

I think your problem with the friend and the Monday arrangement is just a communication thing. Rather than waiting for a text, pick up the phone and ask 'How are you? Are we still on for Monday or have you got other plans?'. IME people have busy lives and forget to do things occasionally rather than go all out to deliberately hurt feelings. Take the initiative, don't expect everyone to say 'yes' 100% of the time, and keep trying rather than assuming the worst. Good luck.

Convict224 Mon 07-Jan-13 16:50:44

Cogito has hit the nail on the head again with brilliant advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now