Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Mum finally coming to visit

(12 Posts)
Itsallabout Sun 06-Jan-13 04:02:01

Hello

Not sure if any-one rembers me. I posted last year about my Mum and alcoholic step dad.

I have an incurable cancer amd my Dm was supposed to be coming to help look after me whilst I had a stem cell transplant. My Step Dad stopped her from coming by declaring he needed her as he had decided to get help for his alcoholism.

I was devastated but received so much support and wonderful advice from amazing people on here.

Update is my Dm has booked her flights amd arrives at the beginning of Feb for 7 weeks. I am so shocked but also incredibly happy and excited.

My step dad went to a few counselling sessions and declared it wasn't for him so is once again drinking full time. No surprises there!

MaBumble Sun 06-Jan-13 04:36:42

I didn't see your thread, but I'm so pleased that your Mum is coming to help & support you. Very best of luck!

izzyizin Sun 06-Jan-13 04:54:33

Of course I remember your thread and I'm absolutely delighted for you, honey. That is marvellous news and I sincerely hope that the twat doesn't plague her with phone calls you all have a wonderful time.

How are you and, more to the point, how did the transplant go? Did you get the expected help from your ILs and manage to have a good Christmas despite your dm's absence?

Itsallabout Sun 06-Jan-13 05:15:17

Hi izzyizin

Glad you remembered me, you really helped me through a rough time. Thank you.

I'm sure Sd will plague us with phone calls but hopefully we can keep them to a minimum ( unplug phone ).

I'm doing Ok. Had my transplant in November and it was hard going but I made it through and even got home 3 days before Christmas. It was truly wonderful. I find out how successful the transplant was on the 16th, rather anxious wait.

My in laws have been here since the beginning of Nov.. it has been interesting!

Hope you are well and putting your magical sprinkles to hood use x

Yamyoid Sun 06-Jan-13 05:16:52

I remember your previous post. I didn't comment as I was new to mn then and just lurking but I felt terrible for you, couldn't believe it. So I'm really happy to hear she's come after all shouldn't have been just because counselling didn't work out though ggrrr

izzyizin Sun 06-Jan-13 06:06:46

Oh yes, the sprinkles! Now let me see.... where did I put the bag? Here they are smile

º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø-:º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø-:º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦: -:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦: º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø-:º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø-:º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø-:º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø-:

I hope these will last you until the 16th - if not, please come back for more - and PLEASE come back with an update...

Until then I'm going to be sending lots of positive thoughts your way - it's going to be fine, honey.

thelittlestkiwi Sun 06-Jan-13 07:13:56

Itsallaboit- that's great news. And about bloody time too

Hope you have a lovely time and good results on the 16th. How are your littlies doing?

Itsallabout Sun 06-Jan-13 07:46:32

G'day thelittlestkiwi

I have just the one Dd aged 6. Poor girl has had an emotional few months. Having some-one other than me look after her has been difficult for her. She didn't get to see me for 3 weeks when I was unwell in hospital.

But now Im home we are trying to spend as much time together as possible. She is understandably clingy and wants to do everything for me ( brings me drinks and food, helping me upstairs). It is very sweet but also makes me feel a little sad.

pictish Sun 06-Jan-13 07:48:23

I remember your thread too! Your mum's dh is a selfish bastard.

I'm very glad to hear your mum is coming to stay. Much love to you xxxx

izzyizin Sun 06-Jan-13 07:51:17

Aw, what a little sweety she is.

Three weeks is an eternity when you're 6; was she able to see you through a window, or would that have been too upsetting for her?

Were you able to Skype or talk on the phone to her while you were in hospital?

Itsallabout Sun 06-Jan-13 08:59:23

We talked on the phone several times.
I was too unwell for her to visit with various tubes and machines attached to me.

I also slept a lot so can't even remember Dp visiting. I lost a few weeks of my life but hopefully it will all be worth it.

CogitoErgoSometimes Sun 06-Jan-13 09:16:24

I remember your thread and I'm so glad your DM has finally wriggled out of his emotionally blackmailing clutches and is doing the right thing. I hope your treatment is a success and that you have a lovely time together.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now