Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Slight dilemma, very boring and possibly over thinking, feel free to weigh in with an oppinion

(6 Posts)
SlightlyConfusedAlwaysMad Sat 05-Jan-13 12:42:11

Some of you may remember I posted Christmas about my bf not coming up Christmas day. Since then other things have happened and after talking we have decided to call it a day and remain friend's. After telling my dd (7) she asked does that mean she won't get the personalized book and toy he told her he had and would bring it next time he was up.

Do I tell her she's not getting them and buy her something else to distract her or would it be ok to ask my ex if I could buy them off him and get him to post them?

ChaosTrulyReigns Sat 05-Jan-13 12:44:55

If you're still friends then have a chat with him about it.

They're no use to him, he could just pop them roynd?

Ragwort Sat 05-Jan-13 12:49:21

Surely he wouldn't be so mean not to give her them; ....... particularly if they are personalised for her, do you think he would not give them to her on purpose?

SlightlyConfusedAlwaysMad Sat 05-Jan-13 12:50:47

Should add that as it's prob important that he ended things with me, we talked and I agreed with he's reasons and we said we would stay friend's. I don't want to just ask for them or ask him to drop them round in case it's taken the wrong way, hense asking to buy and have posted

Cabrinha Sat 05-Jan-13 12:54:21

I wouldn't offer to pay - but I'd be prepared to. Not cos I'm a freeloader! But because if your child knows about it, he must have told her - so his "moral decency contract" iyswim is with her.
So I'd text "did you get the xyz? Child asking if she can have it. Can you post it up if you already have it? If you hadn't got round to it, don't worry".

SlightlyConfusedAlwaysMad Sat 05-Jan-13 14:19:54

Thanks for the replies. I text along those lines cabrinha and he replied apologising said he'd forgotten and will drop them and a fee other bits he'd bought her over on Monday when she's at school

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now